This time last year my mind was in a whirlwind. I knew going into 2013 there were two major hurdles ahead of me/us. Number 1 was moving and 2. was becoming an AKA. Both were up in the air and I had no idea how or if either would happen.
My level of faith in 2013 was like no other. We started building a house that we didn’t end up moving in because God blessed us with THE HOUSE that had everything that we needed AND wanted after looking at 1,687,467 houses that didn’t work.
Here we go.
Since my last update we had been finally been assigned a short sale negotiator after oh, 8 months of trying. It was requested that we submit another 4,096,028 pieces of paperwork to start the final process. I gathered all of the paperwork and reached out to the assigned negotiator and he is magnificent. After he reviewed the paper work we submitted he sent over a list of contingencies that we had to meet that just consisted of faxing over bank statements and a letter or unemployment for myself and per the letter he stated once that information was received along with the appraisal he would forward the application off for approval.
Did you read that?!!! APPROVAL. God is so good. I literally broke down in tears. I cannot put into words what this process has taught me about faith and believing and pushing even when the outcome looks unfavorable. Just keep going. The appraiser will be out this week and hopefully he will hit a number very close to what the asking price was and there won’t be a ton of negotiations with the buyer since he already offered above asking and is a cash buyer.
Then…you know God will always send trials to test our faith and sanity.
So my first issue is I specified on the contract that I wanted a third soffit window on the roof and they only put two. My problem is the agent submitted the wrong contract and has yet to do what she said she would do as in asking for this situation to be rectified as in getting my new window added. As a precautionary measure I looked at the contract we had and we were charged for a cabinet upgrade yet she submitted the contract to the builder with the wrong cabinets. My husband called her to see about that getting fixed and her response was that she would be getting back to him regarding that situation. Nothing. As I type this I am steaming, but I prayed this morning for peace regarding the situation and I am leaving it to my husband to handle because he said he would.
Yesterday they decided to cancel our contract because they didn’t have any details on where we were in the short sale process. Please take note that my husband was told they needed this on Saturday when HE called them. Come Monday, contract cancelled. *Chews blood pressure pills like Butthead did on that plane in Beavis and Butthead do America*. Then they had the nerve to say they are not sure they will be able to reinstate the contract at our current pricing.
So we have decided to continue looking for another home. This may or may not be the house for us but seeing that my SIL is a freshly licensed real estate agent it sure won’t hurt to start looking at other options.
In the event this is our home here is the construction progress:
So this is where I wanted that third window. See the two fake ones at the top I wanted another one over the far right window. *waits*
I wanted them to put the window in before this step but alas…*waits some more*
The race is not given to the swift but to the one that endures. It’s almost been a year and I’m tired!
I’m going to pretend I’m Musiq and say AIJUSWANNAMOVE and at this point I don’t care where. My prayer is that the Lord lead us to our forever home and keep us sane in the process.
Keep Praying..The saga continues.
Where do I start. This is a long, rambling one. Sorry
About two weeks ago we got a call that solidified what we were thinking regarding our options if the short sale fell through. A big fat NO. If the short sale isn’t approved we either have to put 20% down or walk away. I successfully let this revelation put me in a bad mood for the remainder of the day.
Fast forward to two weeks ago and we got the dreaded call. Short sale denied. I didn’t even get mad. I hung up the phone and said we’re not giving up. Y’all remember what I said a few posts ago? Until someone else puts their curtains in the window and their car in the garage that is our house. I prayed and left it alone.
The next day I remembered hearing about a company on the radio called MarketPlace Homes that helps homeowners like us who are stuck but have out grown their homes. I called them and it would be a week before I could get an appointment to speak with someone. I finally spoke with them and she said she had a lender that she thought could help us get in with 5% down on a conventional. I went through the process and indeed they said they could help us. With this arrangement we would keep our current house and they would act as the property manager for 6 years making sure we always had a tenant and paying us rent in the event the tenant did not pay. We are excited about this option seeing that all of our siding along with the roof is having to be replaced due to the bad hail storm we got a few weeks ago however with this arrangement we have to have quite a large amount of money in reserve to go with this option. Long story short its doable but will cost about $8K more on the down payment side.
Just when we thought that was our only option I got an email yesterday from BoA and they have assigned us to a short sale negotiator for the offer we’ve received on this house. SAY WHAT?!! The attorney office acting on our behalf resubmitted the paperwork and got it pushed along. So basically at this point we may have two options. It may be back down to none next week but we take small victories as they come.
At this point my friends we are neither winning nor losing but we are still in the game and that is all that matters. You have to be in it to win it! God is so good.
On to the building process. Lots of progress in just a little over a week.
I was surprised. I know people were telling me that the process will move quickly but geesh! I thought about no longer sharing these photos in the event things fall through but either way God will get the glory so I press on hoping my faith will inspire at least one of you.
So that’s where we are! These updates will more than likely now be weekly and I will start to incorporate some video. For those praying and believing for us. THANK YOU!