Family, Life, Summer

Summer Vacation Week 5

July 1, 2014
Morgan and I

countdown

Halfway there.

Last week was rough. Being a WAHM with 3 kids in perpetual motion at all times amidst blaring televisions, rugs with sharpie stains and the background noise of constant bickering is enough to send any mother batty.

Last week I was close to it. Even grabbed the calendar and started crossing off  days advent calendar style. How appropriate as Christmas in July approaches. August 4th can’t come fast enough. They were at VBS for the first part of the day and I could just taste it.

Outside of just needing a minute to myself that I couldn’t manage to find even hiding in the car with an ice cream cone that I  purchased while out on an errand I was just in my feelings all week. That was my fault, I should’ve traded in my driveway for the one at Bruester’s. I’ll know next time, it’s like they can smell you.

Unsure of my career plans, confused about my next entrepreneurial steps, trying to finalize the plans for the craft room, constantly reminding myself that comparison is the thief of joy…. I was just blah last week. I tell you, I would rather take the heat other people throw at me than dealing with my internal battles. Ugh.

I got a little pep talk from the bestie, crafted a plan and I’m moving forward. We’re all allowed a little moping then we have to keep it moving.

While moping I found myself at two events last week. I supported Kia at Cinco Mom for her Dream Kids event where Addison was the hair model for their new Texture Manageability System. She got her hair straightened for the first time, and so far so good nearly a week later. I’ll give you an in depth review of the product after I wash her hair a few times. For now here was her after. She needs her ends trimmed.

Dream Kids Texture Manageability System

One of my linesisters is spreading her wings and moving to Abu Dhabi. We hate to see her go but enjoyed sending her off. A little partying was just the kick in the arse I needed to get back in the groove and out of my feelings.

Morgan and I

Spotted on the scene with one of my other much younger linesisters. I can still hang, no?

Sunday made my bi weekly trek to the farmer’s market and whipped up a little something for dinner. It’s the least I could do after yelling at everybody all week. They ate quietly!!

I’m on target for a better week. We’ll be getting ready to head to the mouse!

How was your week?

• Reply Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files July 1, 2014 at 11:35 am

I’m on vacation mode and it can’t come soon enough!! Baby girl’s hair looks adorable I have yet to straighten Madison’s hair. I can’t wait to hear about the products. I see you in that high slit skirt…werk!!
    Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files recently posted..What’s Trending: Off The Shoulder

• Reply Law_Fal July 1, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Yasssss for that slither of leg out! You can hang! And I’m counting down the days till summer is over as well.
    Law_Fal recently posted..Read, Sleep, Play, Repeat…..

• Reply LaShawn July 1, 2014 at 7:52 pm

That skirt is EVERYTHANG!
    I’ve been all up in my feelings lately too. The biggest critic is myself,and I have to remind myself that I deserve a break too.

• Reply Farrah July 1, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Had my moment last week, sitting at a job after being a housewife for three years asking myself WHY and what the HECK was I thinking when I came back to my career?! Headed to Orlando this week for a quick mini vacay, sure the hubby is more than pleased that I got my ish together over the weekend with some me time! LOVE that skirt and this blog and the realness you always portray:) love baby girl hair!!

• Reply Tia July 1, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Addison has the cutest little smile. I think summer break is starting to get the best of a lot us. Good for you for bouncing back, keep going!

• Reply Kita July 2, 2014 at 12:19 am

I hide in my closet a lot….it has become my go to place this summer. They got one more month and I already got their book bag packed. That skirt yaasssss. Hope this week is better.
    Kita recently posted..Editors Note for July

• Reply Laila (@FrontRowMama) July 2, 2014 at 1:33 am

Girrrl. I’ve been counting down to school because of all the drama I’ve had with BB’s summer camp. And I LOVE that skirt. And Addison looks too cute! Love her smile.
    Laila (@FrontRowMama) recently posted..Family Staycation with Raging Waves Waterpark

• Reply Charlotte July 2, 2014 at 10:52 am

We all get those blah days, glad you were able to get things back on track. By the way that skirt! Yasss!

• Reply Shon July 2, 2014 at 11:45 am

Girl, I feel you on the sibling bickering, etc. Glad you are on a better track this week. Ooh, that skirt though….I see that sassy slit up the side. You reppin’ well my friend.

Enjoy the upcoming visit to the Mouse!
    Shon recently posted..A Few Things….Lately

• Reply Summer Vacation Week 6 | Lipgloss & BinkyLipgloss & Binky July 6, 2014 at 12:37 pm

[…] after I have a terrible week, I fall into a week of analyzing all that I have and realizing that instead of worrying I should be […]

• Reply Adanna July 8, 2014 at 11:37 am

I needed to read this, this morning. I’m going through a rough patch trying to figure out things out too but trying to remain positive ain’t easy. I’ve been praying and it’s been helping. I must agree, you killin in that skirt!!
    Adanna recently posted..Six Bloggers Share Favorite Summer Lip Colors