Family Fun, Summer, Weekend

Summer Vacation Week 3

June 16, 2014
IMG_2570

Laid low was the name of the game last week. My father didn’t leave until Thursday and I babysat my nephew all dayTuesday, Wednesday and Thursday  so we stayed indoors and sporadically ventured outside in the evenings when it cooled down.

Friday we snuck off to the Old 4th Ward Splash Pad and playground for some fun in the sun and lunch with one of our favorite families.

IMG_2570

IMG_2579

After kicking it at the splash pad  we ventured over into Virginia Highlands for lunch at Yeah Burger.

Yeah Burger

IMG_2600

It was my first time there. Everything on the menu is organic and locally raised. The food was a little pricey but well worth it.

IMG_2588

Yeah Burger

After Yeah Burger I took a walk on the wild side and ventured to the Farmer’s Market with two stuffed and sleepy children. Never again.

Saturday the children had two birthday parties to attend and we stepped out to the mall to try and find the Mr. what he wanted for Father’s Day. We didn’t find it *insert side eye*

Sunday, we went to church and I spent the better part of the day trying to get a handle on this laundry that has gotten out of control.

How was your week? Anything spectacular. Headed on vacation? Where are you going?!

• Reply LaShawn June 16, 2014 at 7:51 pm

We enjoyed Old FOurth Ward on Saturday morning with a few friends. Love that place! I’ve been meaning to check out Yeah Burger for a while now. They have a Gluten Free Menu.
    Girl, I’m so worn out from this weekend!! Sunday was a BEAST! I don’t know why I got it into my head to deep clean all the bathrooms, do the major grocery shopping AND cook a big meal for Father’ s Day!
    By the way, how did those turkey wings turn out?
    LaShawn recently posted..Weekending.

• Reply Candace June 16, 2014 at 10:44 pm

I’m still waiting for someone to create day between Saturday and Sunday, I never feel like I got everything done. We bothered my dad all day Sunday and stayed close to family. There’s a place up here called Bareburger that sounds similar and I’m just convinced the more organic the pricier everything gets.
    Candace recently posted..Weekly Ambitions

• Reply Niecy June 16, 2014 at 10:50 pm

That splash pad looks divine!
    Niecy recently posted..Love Letter Day 4

• Reply Shon June 17, 2014 at 11:24 am

What fun! These kiddoes are adorable and they look so happy! I am glad you all are enjoying your summer.
    We have a road trip planned and summer activities for the kids and the rest are lazy “home” days!
    Shon recently posted..Love

• Reply Mimi June 19, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Sometimes lazy home days are the best, especially when it is raining!

• Reply KalleyC June 18, 2014 at 1:49 pm

I love the splash pad! Looks like a lot of fun! This weekend was amazing, and yet awesome at the same time. I’m still getting myself together to write about it! Glad you had fun this weekend :-)
    KalleyC recently posted..Declining Drinks In Your 30s and Beyond

• Reply Adanna June 19, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Love the pics of the cuties, soo cute! My kinda fun playground and food :-)
    Adanna recently posted..Diverse Summer Reading List For Kids