Fashion, Mama Fashion, Reviews, Sans Ads, Summer

Dress Shopping with Kohl’s

April 1, 2014
Kohl's

*Screaming* Spring is finally here!

The weather  finally broke here in Georgia and I am crossing my fingers that we have seen the last of  freezing temperatures for awhile. Now is that awkward time in your wardrobe life where you aren’t quite ready to pull out your summer clothing but it’s too warm for your winter things. Kind of like that pregnancy phase where you are too small for maternity but too big for regular clothes. Feel me?

Dresses are a great way to combat this wardrobe tight rope walk. Putting on a dress and layering it with a jacket or throwing on a pair of tights underneath are great options to start bringing a little Spring and Summer into your wardrobe. Little peeks, like those budding bushes are just enough to keep you anxious for consistently warmer days.

Kohl's dresses collage

I took a trip to Kohl’s recently and again they did not disappoint when it came to a great selection of dresses to start the Spring wardrobe transition. From maxi dresses to party dresses I was impressed. Not only was I impressed, I wanted ALL of the dresses.

Kohl's Apt. 9 Dress

Kohl's Jennifer Lopez Dress

Kohl's Apt. 9 Dress

Since I couldn’t have ALL of the dresses, I chose 2 dresses that I thought would have potential for me to style in different ways. That’s layman terms for I wanted to be able to get every bang for the buck out of the dresses I selected. I wanted them to be able to transform from playdate casual to date night fab.

My first selection was this coral maxi dress. Yesssss! I loved the color immediately on my skin tone. Unfortunately I won’t be wearing it without my Spanx but I know I’m not alone in the battle of the belly bulge.

Play date casual, quick run to the grocery store, run an errand is what I call this look.

Kohl's

A Day at the beach, my hair isn’t up for lookers, and lunch with the homegirls. I have options with this one.

Kohl's

I only have date night on this one. Nothing too fancy, just a little night out on the town.

Kohl's

I rarely go with short dresses, so I took a walk on the wild side and picked up this to the knee number. I think I am loving Coral this season.

Night out with the girls, date night, a wedding….

IMG_0096

Take me to church with my pearls on…or somewhere where the AKAs are.

IMG_0160

Playdate, lunch with the girls, a day of shopping…again options

Kohl's Apt. 9 Dress

Dresses are certainly an easy way to look fab instantly. Add a few accessories a headwrap and some shoes and you are out the door.

For those of you that follow me on Instagram…I did say yes to this dress. I just need that real good pair of Spanx to rock this one. You’ll see it again soon. I promise!

Kohl's Jennifer Lopez

Are you a dress girl? Will you take my advice and take a walk on the wild side and show a ‘lil leg this season? Are you a maxi dress girl or do you prefer short and sexy?

I was compensated for this post as a Kohl’s Spring Fashion Ambassador. All opinions are mine. You already know!!

• Reply Krissy April 1, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I wear dresses 85% of the time. I have some that dress up and down and I have some that are purely casual. I have them in maxi and short. I just added 3 new fit and flair dresses to my wardrobe. I love how easy and functional dresses are. They are my “go-to” thing.
    Krissy recently posted..What you won’t do for love

• Reply Mimi April 2, 2014 at 7:38 am

I know in California they are great for keeping cool. I have tried the fit and flair yet. I did the short one now I guess it’s time I give one of those a whirl.

Kiss the baby for me and get her a ball and bat!

• Reply Baby Shopaholic April 1, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I love every single look! I love dresses. So easy.
    Baby Shopaholic recently posted..Beach Ready Without Working Out #TENways

• Reply Mimi April 2, 2014 at 7:37 am

They are so easy and not to mention cool in the warmer months. Just put them on and go.

• Reply Erin {Brains of the Outfit} April 1, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Honey, let me tell you. I purchased that printed/pale pink bodycon Jennifer Lopez dress a few weekends ago and it is EVERYTHING. The fit is amazing and I received so many compliments on. You look smoking hot in it!

Guess I’ll be heading back to Kohls soon…

• Reply Mimi April 2, 2014 at 7:36 am

Yes! The fit IS indeed everything. I wasn’t going to get it but I was like let me step out of my boundaries!

• Reply Alisha April 1, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I love dresses during the summer too! But forget belly bulge I’d need it for my booty! LOL Love all the looks and how simple it is to dress them up or down.
    Alisha recently posted..MANICure Monday | Bliss Kiss Pure Nail Oil 3 Day Hydration Treatment

• Reply Danielle S April 1, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Since moving to Georgia, I’m falling in love with dresses. I’m short, but I still prefer maxi dresses.
    Danielle S recently posted..The Neverending Teething Story: Amber for Babies Review

• Reply Kita April 1, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I don’t normally wear dresses it’s so hard to find a maxi dress for my size that does not make me look like opa lumpa. Love the dresses I have not been in Kohls in a while
    Kita recently posted..Finding the right T-shirt

• Reply Mimi April 2, 2014 at 7:39 am

I promise you there is a dress out there for you. Now I order you to go find it before it gets hot!

• Reply Marie young April 1, 2014 at 10:18 pm

I loveeeee the dye! Absolutely adore it! It looks good on you too. I hope you bought it.
    Marie young recently posted..3 Style Bloggers Offer 9 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your “Mommy” Sexy

• Reply Law_Fal April 1, 2014 at 10:57 pm

I absolutely love dresses! You slayed all of those looks!!!

• Reply Niecy April 1, 2014 at 11:46 pm

I love have you styled each stress! I LOVE dresses. Being 6’0 with a 38″ inseam is hard to find pants…dresses never disappoint! I like to show leg but I also love a good maxi when I can find one long enough! Thanks for the share. P.S. The JLo dress you leaked on instagram is about to be mine!
    Niecy recently posted..An invitation

• Reply Mimi April 2, 2014 at 7:40 am

That dress is going to be hot on you….legs for day!

• Reply Lashawn April 2, 2014 at 7:27 am

In the summer time I live in maxi dresses! I live the shorter one though! That would be great for church or even work! I really need to get over to Khols!

• Reply Mimi April 2, 2014 at 7:41 am

You do. I promise, Kohl’s is slept on. Mess around and get some Kohl’s cash back and you are indeed winning!

• Reply Sonya April 2, 2014 at 9:18 am

Those are both cute and I think coral is pretty too. I just bought a coral dress with flowers.
    Sonya recently posted..Old Navy Coupon Extra 20% Off + All Dresses on Sale

• Reply K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy April 2, 2014 at 10:58 pm

I definitely plan on stocking up on more dresses. I’m at a point where I just want to be able to put on piece and be out the door. I love a good maxi dress but I do like to show leg too.
    K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy recently posted..April Goals And To-Do List

• Reply Tyesha Brown April 3, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Mimi girl you are gorgeous!!! You are wearing everything perfectly in this post…the head wrap, sundress everything and it’s all so perfect for spring. I love it! :)

• Reply KalleyC April 3, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Okay, I need to take a shopping trip now! These dresses look awesome on you (and I think Coral is your color!) I love how you were able to dress them up for different occasions.
    KalleyC recently posted..Life Through My Lens Thursday — Week 13

• Reply miss donna April 4, 2014 at 1:05 pm

i live in dresses all spring and summer long…so easy and versatile. and guess what?! i’ve been seeing lots of striped maxis on Pinterest and now you’ve modeled this one so i must take that as a sign that i should have one too!

• Reply Tia April 7, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I LOVE the long coral maxi date night look!!!!!!

• Reply Charlotte April 10, 2014 at 8:54 am

You look great! I’ve been meaning to hit up Kohls for quite some time! Def will now!
    Charlotte recently posted..the golden ones