Beauty, Hair, Mimi

Summertime Hair- Layered Bob

April 15, 2014
bang bob

I was driving in the car today and had an epiphany that I need a change, a new look if you will.

As soon as I was certain that I indeed wanted a hair cut I called my stylist and got her VM….TWICE. I did the back to back because it was urgent in my mind at that moment. I then sent her a text, and a Facebook message. I’m still waiting.

I’m glad for the waiting because it gives me time to change my mind but I am more certain now than I was when the epiphany occurred that I indeed want to cut my hair into some sort of layered bob and have a little color thrown in to hide these rampant grays….

I’m going to go with something like this:

bang bob

via

Ciara

via

Ciara 1

via

Wait for it.

Do you ever get overwhelming feelings to make a drastic change to your look? What did you do?  Did you regret it?!!!

Don’t forget to enter to win a $100 Kohl’s Gift Card!!

• Reply Christina Jones April 15, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Those styles are cuuuute! But yes, I like to change my hair often, so I’m honestly a little concerned about my decision to loc my hair. I’m sticking with it though, in hopes that once they get some length I’ll have some nice versatility.
    Christina Jones recently posted..Still On The Move

• Reply Farrah April 15, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Love these cuts and the color!!! I enjoy changing my look, sometimes im growing it then the next month I cut it short like Halle Berry, my husband just says whatever makes you happy! LOL..only time I have regret is in that awkward grow out stage.

• Reply Kita April 15, 2014 at 9:51 pm

The bangs I can’t do in the summer but it’s cute for the winter. I need a change myself. I think I am going to do some braids around mothers day or some type of weave to give my real hair a break for a while and try some different things.
    Kita recently posted..Race at such a young age

• Reply Law_Fal April 15, 2014 at 11:27 pm

I loved bangs but this Houston humidity wouldnt let me live! I think im going to try some twistouts or something to get my hair a break. Im natural but I usually get it pressed every two weeks and wear it straight. I need something simple. I love those looks u posted. That color will be nice!!!!!!!
    Law_Fal recently posted..Some type of way….

• Reply Kurlylicious April 16, 2014 at 7:28 am

Love the bob minus the bang! I was a color girl for years, but the dryness killed my vibe!
    Kurlylicious recently posted..Tasty Tuesday with a dash of Randomness

• Reply Krissy April 16, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Yep and I’m gonna try something new on myself soon just to see how I like it. That’s the great thing about being your own stylist lol
    Krissy recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: lights, camera, action

• Reply Shon April 16, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I love these looks and originally thought I would grow my hair out to this length then start the transition to Natural. I am now in a quandry and thinking about braids again!! HELP!! I think braids would be a great summertime look for me. I know we already talked about this. I say, go for whatever you feel and enjoy the experience. It’s just hair right??
    Shon recently posted..It’s So Me…….

• Reply Melisa - Mommy This and That April 16, 2014 at 2:57 pm

So funny…everyone hates the bangs in the first pic but I LOVE them! I wish I could do a style like that but I just don’t think I could pull it off, since I am in a ponytail almost every day! In the fall I dyed my hair and loved the color for about a month until I saw one too many ladies older than me with a similar color. I want to do something with my hair but cutting is not an option and so I am back to color. I am thinking honey/caramel high lights for the summer!
    Melisa – Mommy This and That recently posted..The Battle of Mae Mae

• Reply Camesha April 16, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I have been on the same hair cut kick. I want something pretty drastic. I was looking at the cut in the first pic as an option. My other thought – a BIG CHOP! Lawd, help me!

Can’t wait to see your new look. I know you’ll rock it.
    Camesha recently posted..Putting the Pieces Together – Guilt Free

• Reply LaShawn April 16, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I love the bob! Got me over here thinking about a loc bob.
    The most drastic thing I did was cut all my hair off and start locs. Best decision ever

• Reply Michelle April 16, 2014 at 9:55 pm

I just cut my hair a few weeks ago. The only thing I regret is the fact that I can no longer put it in a pony tail. And I’m alllll about easy hair!
    Michelle recently posted..Bouquet of Wild Flowers

• Reply Mrs. Pancakes April 17, 2014 at 3:05 pm

the first bob is too adorable!!! hope you find one that you like!!