Surprise Party, Jazz in the Gardens, Brunch on SoBe – A Weekend in Miami

March 20, 2014

I never realize how much I need to get out of dodge until I do just that…..Get.Out.Of.Dodge.

Last year we didn’t travel at all trying to reserve all of our coins for the move. Now that we are mostly settled in we thought it would be a great time to sneak in a little get away to just relax and refresh. My father flew in from Las Vegas to stay with the children and the Mr. and I threw the deuces and hit the road to Miami.

Miami 2

After safely arriving to Miami after a 7 hour trip that should’ve taken 10 I hit the pedi spot with my bestie.  With my toes “did”, I got dressed for what I thought was going to be a night out on the town and dinner with the Mr. only to find out he and a friend of mine that lives in Miami put together a nice surprise birthday dinner for her husband and myself. Talk about good times with old friends.

Miami 3

Miami 4

Processed with VSCOcam with m5 preset

Saturday involved a trip to the beach, some visiting and a beautiful night under the stars listening to music at Miami Gardens’ annual Jazz in the Gardens concert. This year’s line up included Mint Condition, Trey Songz, Kelly Rowland, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, Anthony Hamilton and Maze featuring Frankie Beverley.

Jazz in the Gardens

Post show, Mr. drove me  to South Beach, where I spent the night with two of my favorite girls in the world at a very chic boutique hotel on the beach.  Sunday morning the three of us grabbed a selfie and some brunch. We spotted Nicole Murphy walking by, she was about that I don’t want to be bothered life but I caught a glimpse of those abs. Yeah, I’m on that….starting next week!

Miami 1

The Mr. and I closed out our weekend getaway at Jazz in the Gardens, where LL Cool J, Anthony Hamilton and the infamous Frankie Beverly closed out our phenomenal weekend.

Frankie Beverly

As I head into a very busy next few months followed by the craziness of Summer I am glad that we took this opportunity to sneak away. When was the last time you and your significant other stole away? Have you ever taken a home girls trip? Have any trips planned for the Spring and Summer?

You Might Also Like

• Reply Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files March 20, 2014 at 11:34 am

This was a great birthday for you! :) It’s nice to getaway without the kids from time to time! We’re looking to do just that at the end of summer, seems so far but looking forward to it.
    Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files recently posted..Mama’s Coveting + Happy First Day of Spring!

• Reply Krissy March 20, 2014 at 11:52 am

how awesome! That sounds like a great concert. I still haven’t seen maze in concert and the next time Anthony is in town I’m gonna be front row. That man can SANG and he can put on a show!
    Krissy recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: my mom needs to work on her captions

• Reply Jehancancook March 20, 2014 at 12:05 pm

ooh sound like you had a lovely time! We all need to get away from time to time, I’m hoping to do so within the next 2 months.
    Jehancancook recently posted..STOVE TOP WHITE MACARONI AND CHEESE

• Reply LaShawn March 20, 2014 at 5:52 pm

It looks like you had a great time! Cdub and I haven’t been on a trip alone overnight…..ever since the boy has been born. I mean, I went to blogher by myself two years ago, but just the two of us? naw. Got to make that happen. somehow.
    The only thing I have planned for this YEAR is a trip to San Francisco in July. I’m going for blog her and family time.

• Reply Farrah March 20, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Girl…….you did that for your b day!!!! Glad you had a great time and enjoyed some time with your boo!! The hubs and I are planning a getaway this summer!!! Miami may be a choice, that water is gorgeous!!! Me and my girls did a girl’s trip to Atlanta about two years ago so we are in the process of planning another.

• Reply Kita March 20, 2014 at 6:27 pm

That’s how you do it for your 35th. Loved it I pray you a blessed new year full of wonderful things cause you really 25 as they say lol
    Kita recently posted..A Historical Overview of Career Trends in the US

• Reply Law_Fal March 21, 2014 at 12:47 am

Sounds like an amazing time!!! So glad you got to celebrate!!! And u better wear them shawts!!!! Yesss calves!!!!! Fun times in the MIA!!
    Law_Fal recently posted..Seasons

• Reply Kurlylicious March 21, 2014 at 5:40 pm

It looks like you had a fabulous time!

Mister and I are heading back to St. Lucia for our 5th Anniversary in May and I’ll be headed back to NOLA with my girls for Essence. That’s all I got far lol.
    Kurlylicious recently posted..Thankful Thursday – Get Me Bodied Edition

• Reply Candace (NYStateofMom) March 22, 2014 at 3:25 pm

This looks like such a fab trip! We had a girls trip a few years back smh sad no boo trip since before Chunks was born…ugh life sounds boring lol We’re planning a girls trip now just don’t know where yet. Glad you enjoyed your bday, you deserved all that happiness!
    Candace (NYStateofMom) recently posted..Why Are We Banning the word Bossy?

• Reply Quiana March 23, 2014 at 8:56 pm

What a fun trip! We got back under a week ago from Puerto Rico and I’m already thinking ahead to post-baby #2 when we can take our next getaway. Looks like it’ll be a cruise next year, but for now we have a mini-babymoon coming up in a few weeks in Vermont. I agree it’s so important to get away!
    Quiana recently posted..Happy Spring & Baby Agbai Report: 27 Weeks

• Reply Mrs. Delightful March 24, 2014 at 5:29 am

The Mister and I went to Florida back in January on business and he’s just waiting for that text from me… I booked us a trip (LOL, I’m the planner) as of right now, I don’t have anything planned for us.

• Reply Kim Jackson March 24, 2014 at 11:10 am

Sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend–girl time, Mr. time, and a weekend away! And your party outfit was fab!
    Kim Jackson recently posted..Garden Party Chic // Shop My Style at ShopStyle

• Reply Michellette Mimi Green March 31, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Looks like a great time, I’ve didn’t make it to Miami last year. I so need to go this year.
    Michellette Mimi Green recently posted..Crafty Collaborative Giveaway

• Reply Carla May 12, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Now that’s going to be a birthday to remember!! How sweet.. glad you two got a chance to get away and hang out.
    Carla recently posted..Still..