#MamanistaFriday, Fashion, Mama Fashion

#MamanistaFriday

February 7, 2014

This week Trina and Aracely started a new theme segment on Mamanista Friday. This week the theme was prints/patterns.

I know some people like to stay away from mixing prints but I am a huge fan. I don’t do it often but I try to do a little something when I can. One of the keys to making this trend work is to make sure the prints are in the same color family.

One day this week while out running errands I wore this:

#MamanistaFriday

#MamanistaFriday

#MamanistaFriday

Sweater: Thrifted Blouse:Thrifted Jeans: Thrifted Rainboots: Target Necklace: Target Cuff: Tory Burch

I tell you this weather really has me home bound. I thought I would spice things up by moving from my dining room to the kitchen this time. Change is good. Can’t wait to be able to go outside.

Are you a fan of mixed prints? Have you dared tried the trend? Are you ready for Spring?!

Mamanista Friday

• Reply Baby Shopaholic February 7, 2014 at 9:10 am

Loving the crop sweater. I heart mixing patterns! Wearing a button up like yours makes it easy to mix prints.
    Baby Shopaholic recently posted..Mamanista Friday’s: Pattern Power

• Reply Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files February 7, 2014 at 10:02 am

Yes Mimi love this casual chic look. I’m a huge fan of the crop top and button up shirt, leopard and stripes are perfect for print mixing! Have a great weekend! :)
    Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files recently posted..Mamanista Fridays: Prints

• Reply Farrah February 7, 2014 at 11:18 am

I have never tried mixed prints:( I think it looks good on everyone else but I can’t seem to picture myself trying it. I LOVE that Tory Burch cuff!! Off topic: What polish do you have on your nails?!

• Reply KalleyC February 7, 2014 at 11:24 am

I never tried mixing patterns either. Actually, I don’t think I have patterns in my closet! Hahaha, I’m always a sold color kinda gal! I love how you did it though. You really know how to make it work!
    KalleyC recently posted..Random Friday — Everything Comes in Time

• Reply Carrie February 7, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Very cute and classy! I LOVE those rain boots!

• Reply Mimi February 10, 2014 at 7:52 am

Thanks!

• Reply @OnlyLaila February 8, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Sooooooo ready for spring.

I’ve never mixed prints before. I’ll add it to my list. I honestly find that I don’t wear a lot because I’m scared,lol. And I LOVE the cuff!
    @OnlyLaila recently posted..Putting Edge Glow in the Dark Mini Golf and Arcades

• Reply Marie Young February 9, 2014 at 1:24 pm

This looks so cute on you. I always feel weird wearing sweaters because I’m so top heavy with these DDD’s. This color works perfectly though. You’re truly an inspiration! I may take another stab at it!

• Reply Mrs. Delightful February 10, 2014 at 5:49 am

I haven’t tried this trend, However, I love the look on everyone else.

• Reply Petro Neagu February 10, 2014 at 12:41 pm

I like mixing up prints too and I like prints and stripes together. It’s all about how bold each pattern is and in your case think they can safely go together.
    Petro Neagu recently posted..Recipe – Romanian Rustic Stew with Pork, Chicken, Sausages and Ham

• Reply Nichole February 10, 2014 at 12:47 pm

That sweater is adorable!
    Nichole recently posted..Spoiler-filled thoughts while watching “Midnight Cowboy”

• Reply Rachee February 10, 2014 at 2:53 pm

I love the way you styled your outfit! It looks good and makes me want to take a trip to the Goodwill.
    Rachee recently posted..Violated

• Reply Mommy Travels February 10, 2014 at 3:11 pm

I am loving that bracelet. You look great.
    Mommy Travels recently posted..Share Your Best – Linkup #4

• Reply Fab Fun Sisters February 10, 2014 at 3:12 pm

You look FAB! Love the yellow, love the jewelry and your shoes!! OMG.
    Fab Fun Sisters recently posted..How To Find A Blog Topic

• Reply Nicole February 10, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Hi! Stopping in from SITSgirls. I am TERRIBLE at mixing prints and I typically avoid it. I’m a very visual person so I love bloggers who post themselves in their outfits as it helps me piece things in my wardrobe together. You did a great job on this outfit. It looks great and comfortable at the same time.
    Nicole recently posted..My First ipsy Glam Bag

• Reply Rene February 11, 2014 at 3:59 am

Popping in from SITSgirls Comment Love Tribe. What a great outfit you are rocking in. I would be lucky enough to not wear flip flops to the grocery store! Thanks for the inspiration.

• Reply Raquel @ Organized Island February 11, 2014 at 11:43 pm

What an adorable sweater! So cute. I love shopping at thrift stores and was at one today. So great for a bargain and repurposing!
    Raquel @ Organized Island recently posted..DIY Repurposed Cigar Box

• Reply Noel Giger February 12, 2014 at 1:03 pm

New fan here from SITS – you had me at “thrifted” :) I love mix and matching. Right now I’m wearing black and white polka capri leggings and black and white Ikat top! Don’t even get me started on accent nails! I don’t even think I could wear a straight mani LOL
    Noel Giger recently posted..Reinventing Yourself

• Reply Mimi February 24, 2014 at 11:35 am

Mixing and matching is the way to go!!

• Reply All Lacquered Up February 12, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Wow, what great finds from thrifting. The sweater is divine. Reminds me I need to hit up my local thrift stores more often.
    All Lacquered Up recently posted..New! Sally Hansen Satin Glam Nail Polish Swatches & Review

• Reply Lynn February 12, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Gimme those boots! And, that crop sweater is FAB!
    Lynn recently posted..Wordless Wednesday… Super Bowl Party Photo Recap!