Life, Weekend

Weekend Shenanigans

January 20, 2014

Happy Monday!

This weekend was rather busy. A sick child derailed my plans to complete a service project for Habitat for Humanity with my Sorors on Monday. Poor thing, he got struck with the infamous stomach virus that has made its way around. I thought we were in the clear but apparently not.

Friday evening my SIL came in town with her besties to look for a wedding dress. They ventured down to Bridals by Lori as in “Say Yes to the Dress.” Unfortunately I was unable to attend because I had already committed to helping out with a fundraiser my chapter was having for our Debutantes. She found her dress and it is GORGEOUS and I had a great time with my line sisters.

Dream Pearls

Saturday evening I was scheduled to attend some events but my husband needed to use the car and I was just plain tired. At some point everyone laid down for a nap and I awoke while they were still sleeping. I used that very RARE and precious time to spend some time alone comfy on my couch watching a Cosby Show Marathon. Sometimes it truly is the small things. It only lasted about 2 hours but it felt like an eternity.

resting

Sunday, I woke up early and placed some dinner in the crock pot. My SIL and her besties were headed out again to find bridesmaids dresses. My SIL is one of those people that managed to master the makeup videos on YouTube and while she was “beating” her own face I asked for a slight “beat” and she obliged.

beat

My Chapter was hosting a Sisterly Relations activity at No Mas Cantina, a local Mexican restaurant downtown for some fellowship and food. After I was all made up I headed out to No Mas. I looooooove my Line Sisters. WE take advantage of all opportunities to take photos!

Dream Pearls

1560647_10203040073393959_1328272229_n

Sunday evening, I made it home and relaxed, and had movie night in the theater with my SIL and her friends. Finally watched The Butler. What an awesome movie.

So, that was my weekend. Did you make Monday a “day off” or a “day on?” How was your weekend? Has that nasty virus found its way to your house?

• Reply Law_Fal January 20, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Yall look gorgeous! I hope lil man feels better, no virus around these parts but the crazy weather has everyones allergies going haywire!
    Law_Fal recently posted..24.

• Reply Kita January 21, 2014 at 8:50 am

Yaasssss to the face lawd makes me want to dabble in some makeup…..almost. My weekend plans were semi derailed son had strep got some meds in him and I had a branding meeting with a client that I had to push back but other than that a quiet weekend.
    Kita recently posted..Talk Tuesday

• Reply Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files January 21, 2014 at 11:30 am

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Your face looks gorgeous! I love the Cosby Show I can sit and watch for days.
    Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files recently posted..Adore Me Review + Giveaway

• Reply krissy January 21, 2014 at 11:46 am

you look purdy!

• Reply Anonymous January 21, 2014 at 12:24 pm

hot girls!

• Reply Farrah January 21, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Busy weekend!!! Me and the Hubble went to Brooksville to visit family and attend a funeral. Loving that makeup!!

• Reply Tia January 21, 2014 at 9:35 pm

It really does not get much better than a Cosby show marathon while your kids are sleeping. I may have a slight school girl crush on Theo. And 2 hours is an eternity! That’s a good break! We still haven’t seen The Butler. I need to RedBox that before the Oscars. I saw your makeup look on FB and that is such a pretty pink lip color!
    Tia recently posted..Happy MLK Day

• Reply KalleyC January 21, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Your make up looks so nice! My son got sick (is it son get sick weekend) and we were out of commission for the rest of the weekend. Actually, the way this is going for a few days.
    KalleyC recently posted..When You Have To Drop It All

• Reply Marie Young January 22, 2014 at 2:25 am

Girl curse that virus! I relaxed the whole weekend. It was long over due too!
    Marie Young recently posted..#JOYRICH Brings The 90′s Back With Their “Casual-Rich” Collection

• Reply Mrs. Pancakes January 25, 2014 at 12:05 am

awww…you and your girls…just pure joy!! and isn’t spending a few hours by yourself the best kind of time…and the cosby show marathons….great way to spend a few hours!
    Mrs. Pancakes recently posted..Yes, Serious Sleep Has Arrived: Dohme Review

• Reply K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy January 25, 2014 at 5:32 am

No, nasty viruses because we haven’t ventured outside. This weather is too cold for JJ and Moo. Can’t risk bronchitis or a respiratory infection. We haven’t had to pull out the asthma meds since before Thanksgiving and I’m hoping it warms up a bit so that can continue.

Glad you had a great time with your line sisters. All this talk and seeing pictures on FB, blog and IG has me looking into sororities. My college didn’t have any when I started because they were a new campus, but it’s something I’ve always been curious about.
    K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy recently posted..Fashionable Friday

• Reply Andrea January 25, 2014 at 2:18 pm

That pink necklace!!!! Yasss! I love it.
    Andrea recently posted..Love is a Drug & the Junkies are in Need of a Fix