Photography, Project 52

Project 52- Week 1

January 8, 2014

I initially planned to do a 365 but I’m not going to put that type of pressure on myself. I thoroughly enjoy doing these because they allow me to capture memories. I won’t tell you how much I have come to appreciate the photos that I’ve taken for this blog. I know people say when you blog sometimes you totally forget to live in the minute. While it is a gift and a curse, the gift is capturing your life in words and photos that you can look back on and see growth.

This year I am going to attempt a Project 52. I’ve added my own spin. Each week there will be a black and white and a color photo.

We’ll see how it goes.

IMG_2685

Blowing on her first “official” manicure

IMG_2666 Why is she always in my refrigerator? Oh, and why didn’t y’all tell me it is so hard to keep fingerprints off Stainless Steel

• Reply Kita January 8, 2014 at 8:52 am

Awww boooo lol. I am going to try the 365 so far I have pictures for a about a month after that I don’t know. I won’t pressure myself to do just my big boi I will be bringing out my cell phone too. Good luck to ya
    Kita recently posted..Pinterest Wednesday

• Reply LaShawn January 8, 2014 at 11:04 am

I love the one of her blowing her manicure! She looks so adult! I love black and white!I have to be careful that my whole 365 is not black and white!
    LaShawn recently posted..Wordless Wednesday

• Reply Legally Chocolat January 8, 2014 at 11:15 am

She is growing up so fast!
    Legally Chocolat recently posted..2014

• Reply Candace January 8, 2014 at 11:38 am

The fact she knows how to blow on those nails like a lady is killing me! Lol too cute. I love black and white too. Good luck
    Candace recently posted..Wordless Wednesday-Snow Days

• Reply krissy January 8, 2014 at 11:55 am

shes getting so big!
    krissy recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: today

• Reply LaShawn January 8, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I LOVE your idea about the one b&w and one color photo. I just might have to do that next year!!
    She is just the cutest as well. The photo of her and her 1st manicure is super cute.
    Thanks so much for taking part in the link up! Hope to see you next week!
    LaShawn recently posted..Wordless Wednesday | Whatta Face!

• Reply Mimi January 10, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I’ll be by next week.

I take so many photos in a week, this won’t be hard. I just didn’t want to be tied down to one a day. I would surely miss the mark on that one! I’ll be sure to include the badge next week. Forgot to add it this week.

• Reply Aracely January 8, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Great photos! She is too cute blowing on her nails!
    Aracely recently posted..Mini Style: Keeping it Casual

• Reply Krystal K. January 8, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Love your blog (I’m new), and this post!!! Your daughter is a cute little munchkin. You’ve inspired me to also start a Project52!
    Krystal K. recently posted..Obsessed // December 2013 // Pantone Color of the Year

• Reply toi January 8, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I love the first one and I have a thing for B&W lately. I’m doing a 52 project, I update every Sunday

I love photography and capturing our everyday life on my blog {through images and words} helps me put things into perspective without going through all my offline journals.

I did a 52 Project last year and it was amazing to go back and look through every picture. At the beginning of the year AOI was so tiny and at the end her personality was beaming in the pictures.
    toi recently posted..DIY Maternity Photo-shoot: Indoor Inspiration

• Reply Teems January 8, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Omg that picture is perfect. Check her out!
    Teems recently posted..10 Sure Signs Your Kid Is Ready To Potty Train

• Reply KalleyC January 8, 2014 at 10:45 pm

I love black and white photography! You’re little girl is growing up so fast, and looking so cute blowing on her nails! I don’t know what it is about a 365 scares me at the moment. So, I’m also doing a 52 week challenge. I’m focusing on one object for the whole year (pray for me). It’s my first challenge so we’ll see where I go with it.
    KalleyC recently posted..Life Through My Lens Thursday — Week 1

• Reply Britton January 9, 2014 at 8:55 am

Awwww! How cute and DIVA is that with the manicure. You definitely caught a great moment with that. I am GLAD that my kids aren’t tall enough to reach our fridge yet! Well they are tall enough to reach the handles, but not tall enough to get things out of it. ;-) Can’t wait to see more of these!
    Britton recently posted..MyBBLife: The Year Ahead

• Reply Marif January 9, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Great photos to start the project. I guess you’re doing a project “104″, lol
    I found your link on La’Shawn’s Project 52, so if you keep up with it, I look forward to seeing more of your photos!

• Reply Mimi January 10, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Yes! It will probably end up being more than 104!! I just couldn’t sign up for one a day. I am so literal I would feel like I didn’t do it right if I didn’t get one every day! Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply Chris January 10, 2014 at 4:15 am

I love the black and white! I too, am guilty of taking lots of black and whites, so if I am not careful, I will end up with WAY to many. I am doing Project 52 as well. If you keep up with the linky party, I am sure I will be back to check out more! I may even copy your idea of doing a B&W and a color!

• Reply Mimi January 10, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Black and White is my fix all. If the exposure or anything is wrong B&W makes it all better. Have at it with the one B&W and color. They are all memories to keep and cherish. Thanks for stopping by!