Cooking, Cooking, Living, Our Home, Recipes

Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes

January 21, 2014

After I had major success with Barefoot Contessa’s mustard roasted potatoes, I sought about finding a recipe for roasted sweet potatoes. I came across a recipe for Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes  on Overtime Cookand went in.

Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes

{Hover over image to Pin}

The ingredients needed were minimal. Wouldn’t you know I had all of the items on hand except for dried parsley. I had one better, I had FRESH parsley. That almost never happens.

Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes

After cutting 4 medium sized, peeled sweet potatoes into small cubes I added in the ingredients, then tossed making sure all potatoes were coated with the herb/olive oil mixture.

Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Once everything was mixed well I placed them into a flat layer on top of a wax paper covered cookie sheet.

The recipe called for parchment paper, not sure if there is a difference but there might be seeing that some of my precious sweet potatoe cubes were left stuck to the paper.

I digress

Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Placed in a 450 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes, flipping the ones that weren’t stuck every 10 minutes.

IMG_8513

IMG_8510

Talk about delicious. YUM.MERS.

Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes

You do know some stuff isn’t right if it isn’t a little burnt crispy around the edges.

Recipe:

Ingredients:
4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Toss to coat everything evenly. Spread in a single layer on prepared cookie sheet. Place in oven.
Bake at 450 for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.

Have you tried a new recipe lately?

• Reply Prototype Mama January 22, 2014 at 12:06 am

Just when I was about to lay it down and head to bed– this rolls across my screen. Yum!
    Prototype Mama recently posted..Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter supports NPCA #MC

• Reply ChiChi Loves January 22, 2014 at 2:07 am

This is truly my favorite way to eat sweet potatoes. Except the recipe I use doesn’t include the parsley and basil. But I will definitely have to try those ingredients next time.
    ChiChi Loves recently posted..…Black Lace Dress

• Reply Mimi January 23, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I found it weird that it called for all of those herbs. When I think of sweet potatoes I think of the usual cinnamon, nutmeg etc. This was definitely a lot different than what I would’ve thought to pair with sweet potatoes but it was really good.

• Reply Marie Young January 22, 2014 at 2:24 am

I LOVE me some sweet potatoes. I blog about them often and I eat them even more. What’s funny as I will eat this for breakfast…. #dontjudgeme LOL
    Marie Young recently posted..#JOYRICH Brings The 90′s Back With Their “Casual-Rich” Collection

• Reply Brandi January 22, 2014 at 9:59 am

I love sweet potatoes, but I’ve never had them unless they were in a souffle, mashed or fried. Shame on me! Thanks for sharing, I will def. give your recipe a try.

• Reply Jenni January 22, 2014 at 11:43 am

Always need a good side dish. Looks good and a lot healthier than the twice baked “Neely” way I make them!
    Jenni recently posted..Happy New Year…Several Days Later

• Reply Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files January 22, 2014 at 11:52 am

These look so yummy! I agree I have to cook my food just a bit longer for a nice crisp or else it isn’t done in my opinion! I’ll have to try this recipe.
    Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files recently posted..Mama’s Wish List

• Reply Kurlylicious January 22, 2014 at 12:41 pm

I LOVE Sweet Potatoes, so I will definitely be trying your recipe soon. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Tori | Glasses and Glitter January 22, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Why did I come here. Now I’m totally hungry! lol But I just had lunch tho.. haha
    Tori | Glasses and Glitter recently posted..The Power Pack: New Portable Batteries seen at CES 2014!

• Reply Kita January 22, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Alright now. I have not had roasted sweet potatoes in a while I might be having some for dinner this week.
    Kita recently posted..Pinteresting Wednesday

• Reply LaShawn January 22, 2014 at 11:44 pm

I love roasted vegetables! I first got the idea from the Barefoot Contessa on one of her shows when she roasted asparagus. I’ve been hooked every since. I’m going to try this one too. I love it when roasted veggies have the crispy edges!
    LaShawn recently posted..Macro Wednesday: Playing with Flowers

• Reply Tia January 23, 2014 at 4:25 pm

I’ve never tried savory sweet potatoes. I’m still killing that other potato recipe that you shared. Those are SO GOOD! I’ll try this too to switch things up a bit!
    Tia recently posted..Approaching 30

• Reply Mrs. Pancakes January 25, 2014 at 12:01 am

that looks like a good dish to this amazing salmon the hubby makes…mmmhm date night dinner at home..thank you!!

• Reply K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy January 25, 2014 at 5:25 am

Yes, there is a difference between wax and parchment paper. I learned that hard way cooking after I ran out. Parchment paper has a silicone coating which is meant for heating, while wax paper is meant for wrapping or sealing foods because the wax melts if used in the oven.

Nevertheless, you sweet potatoes still turned out well. And I have to agree that when I roast anything, I like a little burn or crisp on it. Just that point before it gets so far passed burned that it tastes burnt, but I do like a little color and char.
    K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy recently posted..Fashionable Friday

• Reply Ardith January 26, 2014 at 9:59 am

parchment paper is good but will burn in an oven higher than 400, maybe try foil instead or just cook at 400 a little longer….

• Reply Mimi January 26, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Thank you for the tip!!

• Reply Farrah January 25, 2014 at 10:16 am

Girl, this looks yummy!!!!

• Reply KalleyC January 25, 2014 at 11:36 pm

Okay, I need to make this. Like yesterday. This looks yummy!
    KalleyC recently posted..When No Other Words Will Do

• Reply Mrs. Delightful January 27, 2014 at 6:39 am

This looks delish! The only thing I’m missing is the bay leaves (I think)

• Reply The Pro Diva January 27, 2014 at 11:50 am

I can totally make this without screwing it up too badly! I think I’ll try is tomorrow! Thanks girl!
    The Pro Diva recently posted..3 Reasons Why I’m Happy For The Richard Sherman Rant!

• Reply Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life February 10, 2014 at 10:47 am

These do look really good! We make sweet potatoes fairly often! I’d love to give this a try! :) Visiting via #SITSblogging! Happy to connect!
    Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life recently posted..Graphic Design Made Easy with Canva

• Reply Miranda February 10, 2014 at 3:49 pm

I was *just* thinking about what to make for dinner when I happened across this! YUM. I’m a huge sweet potato fan, but I usually end up making them sweeter rather than savory. Looking forward to trying out this recipe!
    Miranda recently posted..The Road to Morocco, Part Khamssa: Maddening, Mystifying Marrakech