Children, Faith, Parenting, Reviews, Sans Ads

God’s Little Princess Bedtime Devotional

January 7, 2014

Disclosure

Faith is a huge part of my life as many of you already know. I was raised in the church, my mother starting teaching me at a very young age about God. Like many others as a young adult I strayed away from the church in search of fun and foolery. No matter how far I strayed I always knew God was there and many times made decisions not to participate in certain activities because morally I knew they were wrong and would not be  pleasing to God. I always went back to what I knew, and what my mother taught me.

After perusing “God’s Little Princess Bedtime Devotional” written by Sheila Walsh I am excited to begin teaching Addison the importance of God’s love and how gracious He is to us daily, even when we continually fall short.

God's Little Princess Devotional

God's Little Princess Devotional

Addison is at the age now where she can start understanding about God and building a relationship with Him for herself. We have been reading a page a night and with nearly 100 devotions, prayers and activities we have many nights of learning ahead of us.

God's Little Princess Devotional

Each page comes with a selection and scripture on the left with a “Good-Night Giggles and Grace” page on the right. The “Good-Night Giggles and Grace” are fun experiments used to help your Princess grasp the concept and scripture from the left page.

God's Little Princess Devotional

For girls who may be experiencing social issues or have specific questions the back of the book is equipped with an index outlining some of the issues our children are facing today and offers a scripture to help them better understand what God’s word says about such things.

God's Little Princess Devotional

I am a huge fan of this book. The illustrations are amazing and as minute as this may seem to some I was pleased that many ethnicities of children were included. This is a great way to start off the new year and starting building a foundation of faith for little girls.

God's Little Princess Devotional

Do you have a bedtime routine with your children? What does it look like? How do you teach your children about God?

• Reply Aracely January 7, 2014 at 11:04 am

I need to get my hands on that book! I didn’t grow up in the Church but as an adult I found a Church for me and my older kids when I lived in NYC but since I moved to the DC metro area its been tough finding a Church for us. We go from time to time but I’d love to find one especially since Madison is asking about Jesus. She asked me just the other night “Mommy who is Jesus”! I know it’s because she hears us say “in Jesus name we pray” at the end of our prayers. So I need to get her in bible class asap!
    Aracely recently posted..Closet Organization Project

• Reply Michellette Mimi Green January 7, 2014 at 12:30 pm

When I do go to church, I go to From The Heart on Allentown Road when I do go. Its in Camp Springs, Maryland right by Andrews Airforce Base.

I like the way they teach the word, its bible based but they also explain how to apply it to your every day life. How your actions or lack thereof apply to everyday life.

Good luck on your search.
      Michellette Mimi Green recently posted..Organize Your Space: Do more with less!

• Reply Mimi January 7, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Michellette, how ironic. I am from the Washington DC area and we went to that church when I was a little girl. Back then it was Full Gospel and we were one of the first members when they were in the storefront in Marlow Heights. I event went to the school as a child.

Memories!!
        Mimi recently posted..God’s Little Princess Bedtime Devotional

• Reply Kita January 7, 2014 at 12:05 pm

I have not been to church in ages but I have taught the kids about God and who he is and we pray together. I love this book and need to get it.
    Kita recently posted..Talk Tuesday

• Reply Legally Chocolat January 7, 2014 at 12:22 pm

I love this! I need to get this book for my goddaughter!

• Reply Britton January 7, 2014 at 12:22 pm

This book is absolutely adorable! I know my oldest daughter would appreciate this for sure and may have to get this for her. Our usual routine is usually bath, a book to read, prayers then lights out. This book would actually serve both puproses of prayer and reading. I love it! Thanks for the honest review!
    Britton recently posted..Allow Me to (Re) Introduce Myself!

• Reply Christina January 7, 2014 at 12:46 pm

NEED THIS! It looks amazing. We don’t have any type of real structure right now, but I’m looking to change that soon!
    Christina recently posted..Excerpt – Strictly Professional

• Reply LaShawn January 7, 2014 at 1:25 pm

I love this! Do they have one for boys?
    Our routine everynight is a story and prayers. Would love to have something like this to add to it.
    LaShawn recently posted..Photography 101: 5 Steps to Better Photos This Year

• Reply Michellette Mimi Green January 7, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I love the idea of the book and the graphics are perfect. My little one is only 2 (although I’m not sure what age this book is geared for) but I will buy it and keep it until she is ready. Thanks for sharing.
    Michellette Mimi Green recently posted..Organize Your Space: Do more with less!

• Reply KalleyC January 7, 2014 at 5:28 pm

This truly looks like a very good book to have on our shelves for our little girl. I need to get my hands on it for sure!
    KalleyC recently posted..New One Word: Bold

• Reply Tia January 7, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Our night time routine consists of a bath, bed time story and I always tells her Jesus loves her before I leave her room. It’s the last thing I say. This book has to be added to my daughter’s collection. She has the book of bible stories that we read but anything with Jesus and a Princess on it is a must buy for us! Thanks for sharing!
    Tia recently posted..Thought Bubbles…