Crafting, Décor, decorating, DIY, Domestications, Our Home, Photography, Wordless Wednesday

{kinda} Wordless Wednesday – My Fall Wreath

October 2, 2013
Fall Wreath

I have a confession.

Deep down inside I love crafting. I’m not very good at it but I would like to start trying. I’ve been perusing Hobby Lobby far too often, now that it is only a few minutes from my house. You can only go in there so many times without getting the feeling that you can actually make something.

I finally decided I would try my hand at something and decided to make a wreath for my front door to jump start my fall porch decorations.

I started off with a wreath that was $6.99 and a roll of burlap that was $4.99 both from Hobby Lobby. I also purchased this metal hanging sign from Kohl’s that was half off and ended up costing $9.99

Fall Wreath

Next I figured out how low I wanted the sign to hang inside of the wreath. It was a little long so I undid the knots and retied them at the length I wanted.

Fall Wreath

Once I had that all squared away I messily attached it to the wreath using a piece of burlap.

Fall Wreath

Next I went about constructing a bow. I knew it needed to be big. I really wanted one of those elaborate loopy bows but I couldn’t figure out how to make that work without some hot glue which I didn’t have so I kept it simple.

Fall Wreath

Fall Wreath

After that was said and done. I messily attached the hook that I got from the Dollar Tree to the wreath by tying tight knots in the burlap to make sure it didn’t move.

Fall Wreath

Arranged my bow, so that it was presentable. I was baffled on how to attach the bow since I didn’t have hot glue. I had a light bulb moment and decided to squeeze it under the burlap that I used to attach the sign and it worked just fine.

FAll Wreath

Hung it on the door!

Fall Wreath

Peep my little photo bomber!!

Are you crafty?! Is your wreath up? Are you putting one up?

• Reply Lindsey, the Redhead Baby Mama October 2, 2013 at 8:12 am

Super cute. On Foursquare, I’m the mayor of the Hobby Lobby near me. LOL – I think I have a problem.
    Lindsey, the Redhead Baby Mama recently posted..WW: #TypeACon 2013 Dance Party

• Reply Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? October 2, 2013 at 8:12 am

I think it looks great! I’ve never attempted burlap or big bows. You nailed it.
    Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? recently posted..So, I was slightly impulsive this weekend

• Reply Kita October 2, 2013 at 8:22 am

I am not crafty but you did a great job. This falls under our challenge for the week so I am going to pin it to our board.
    Kita recently posted..Pinteresting Wednesday

• Reply noelle d October 2, 2013 at 9:14 am

that is awesome.
    i have ideas in my head…but when i go to do them, it just doesn’t work out right..
    noelle d recently posted..The Halfway Mark – w/w

• Reply Legally Chocolat October 2, 2013 at 11:06 am

That is socute!!! I need to find the time to make stuff like this. I love crafts too just not that great at it! Hope all is well :)
    Legally Chocolat recently posted..Should I Even be Surprised?

• Reply LaShawn October 2, 2013 at 11:57 am

I am no where near crafty. I want to be, but it just never works out. Instead, I’ll spend time next week looking for a store bough wreath from hobby lobby, ross or Kohls. #theend

• Reply Amy @ Marvelous Mommy October 2, 2013 at 12:37 pm

So cute! I love it! I’ve been wanting to make a wreath for our door since we moved in! I’ll do it one of these days! ;) Thanks for the inspiration!
    Amy @ Marvelous Mommy recently posted..Fall 2013 Photo Shoot | WW Linky

• Reply Kennie October 2, 2013 at 4:06 pm

You did a really good job! For me, the nearest Hobby Lobby is about a 40 minute drive. I don’t get to go too often, but God when I do… I am in heaven! That place really does make you feel like you can make ANYTHING! I come home with so many of those little idea sheets that it’s not even funny. Hmm, now you’ve got me thinking about making a trip out there…
    Kennie recently posted..Are We there Yet?

• Reply K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy October 2, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I’m crafty when I want to be. And sadly I haven’t been feeling too crafty lately. I have yet to even make pick up supplies for our wreath. We went to Target and the Dollar Tree two weekends in a row and I still left both stores without the supplies. Hopefully, this weekend I won’t get so caught up in looking at other stuff and I’ll remember to pick up a wreath and let the kiddies pick out the stuff to decorate it with.
    K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy recently posted..Life Gets Hard

• Reply Carla October 2, 2013 at 11:51 pm

I consider myself pretty crafty.. especially when I don’t have much to work with. LOL! I do plan to do a wreath this year, but I haven’t started.

I think you did a really good job. I’m really starting to appreciate the burlap touch to things.
    Carla recently posted..Dragon Day.

• Reply Mrs. Delightful October 3, 2013 at 7:56 am

I still do not have our wreath up… but I’m getting back into my DIY Décor grove.
    Okay, we do not have a Hobby Lobby in my state or area. However, our store (i.e. Michael’s, Joann’s and AC Moore) usually accepts competitor coupons, and mobile coupons as well that are usually 40%-50% off. Just a FYI

• Reply Brandi October 3, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I love your wreath. Beautiful job on the bow. I cheated and purchased my wreath. It was on clearance though!
    Brandi recently posted..Painted Console Table Makeover

• Reply Amanda O"Neal October 3, 2013 at 7:11 pm

It is really cute. I can’t stay away from Hobby Lobby, can’t wait to see what you try next.

• Reply Katherine G October 3, 2013 at 8:38 pm

This is so cute!!
    Katherine G recently posted..Parenthood Is Back. Yay!!

• Reply Meghan Cooper October 3, 2013 at 9:47 pm

This is so cute!
    Meghan Cooper recently posted..Getting a Second Opinion

• Reply Ashley McLure October 3, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Thumbs up on the wreath. I like looking at everyone else’s crafts, I generally don’t do them myself, though.
    Ashley McLure recently posted..Anime Star Wars? @awacon #awa

• Reply Joyce@MommyTalkShow October 3, 2013 at 10:45 pm

No, I’m not crafty.
    I don’t own a glue gun.
    Sometimes I feel guilty for NOT being a crafty mom.
    Joyce@MommyTalkShow recently posted..Wordful Wednesday: Meet a Future TV & Film Director #WW #FiguringOut40LA

• Reply Michelle October 4, 2013 at 5:44 pm

That wreath is gorgeous! Love the bow.
    Michelle recently posted..Reduction Chronicles: Surgery Day

• Reply Vett November 7, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I love crafting too! and this turned out so well!
    Vett recently posted..Go back and read your blog

• Reply Baby Teems November 8, 2013 at 12:12 am

Good job! I want to make wreaths for my home. My husband thinks that they are old fashion-country but it depends on your style/design.
    Baby Teems recently posted..Link Up: Thought Bubbles

• Reply Mimi November 11, 2013 at 7:23 am

I use to think the same thing. I guess I’ve been reading too many blogs. You really do have to add your own touch. I think they are easy ways to decorate and add a little flavor to the front of your house.