Blogging, Fashion, I.Wore, Weekend

Weekend Wrap Up

July 15, 2013
Blogger Dinner

This weekend. Ahhhhhh this weekend. This weekend for obvious reasons, read George Zimmerman acquittal has been a roller coaster of emotions and deep thought regarding the state of race issues in American, the state of the United States Judicial system and the fact that my heart absolutely mourns for the Trayvon Martin’s family. I don’t have much to say in this space regarding this except for I am prayerful for his family and the state of this nation.

This weekend we continued our process of laying low. Friday night as a family we all found our way to the movies to see Grown Ups 2. The movie was hilarious from the beginning to the end, not that I didn’t expect it to be. We had  dinner and then headed over to see the movie.

Saturday, was the home inspection for the new house. I am still very much walking the fence when it comes to being excited. We are currently in underwriting, we have all of the monies necessary and are now just waiting on final approval to close from the lender. We are set to close on July 25th. The home inspection went off without a hitch. I imagined it would seeing that the house was just sold a little over 2 years ago to the family we are purchasing it from and they purchased it from the original owner. The roof, the hot water heater, the AC unit and the furnace were all replaced between 2006 and 2008. In my book those are are the biggies. There were a few electrical issues and other minor things that need to be done but they didn’t add up to $1000 total so we didn’t ask for any concessions. For some reason the appraisal hasn’t been completed but if it is done this week we shouldn’t have any delays closing as long as they agree to the appraised value. We are expecting the value to come in about $20K less than what we offered. We’ll see.

Sunday, we took a family outing to see Turbo. Great movie, with an awesome message for children and adults actually. After leaving the theater we headed downtown to have dinner with Christina from Being Mrs. Jones and a few other bloggy buddies to include Lashawn, Kita, and K-Rock to show her a warm welcome to Atlanta. The kids had a ball and we chatted like old friends. Happy to add Christina to the list of bloggers that I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in real life.

Blogger Dinner

I failed at getting outfit posts this week but I did capture my outfit from Friday night. I wore:

What I Wore 071513

Blouse: Thrifted Belt: Thrifted Jeans: Thrifted Purse: Thrifted Rain Boots: Target Bracelet: Macy’s

Linking up with:

Monday Mingle/Momtrends

• Reply Brandi July 15, 2013 at 8:43 am

Glad you had a nice weekend. So nice that you guys all got to meet up!
    Brandi recently posted..Finally A Bedroom Reveal–Tween Boy Room Makeover

• Reply Baby Shopaholic July 15, 2013 at 9:28 am

Love the group picture. I need to checkout grown-ups.
    Baby Shopaholic recently posted..Style Challenge with Bonbon Rose Girls

• Reply Baby Teems July 15, 2013 at 9:48 am

That is nice. I hope everything continues to go well for you with the house. If I am ever down there again I need to meet up with you all too.
    Baby Teems recently posted..*NEW SERIES* A WISE KID ONCE SAID: Bread Crust

• Reply Tori | GlassesandGlitter July 15, 2013 at 10:22 am

I didn’t do anything, except record the video for my AT&T thing! lol Laying low you have way more fun then me! HAHA
    Tori | GlassesandGlitter recently posted..Manicure Monday: A Girl Just Needed Pampering!

• Reply Kita July 15, 2013 at 11:15 am

I had 2 events on Saturday one was a party the other a morning wedding and Sunday I met up with some wonderful bloggers kinda like the one in the pics above…..*side eye*
    Kita recently posted..Communication sucks with the hubs

• Reply Aracely July 15, 2013 at 11:16 am

My son was watching Grown Ups, the first one, last night and I saw parts of it and was cracking up. I have to watch them.

Cute pics, looks like you had a great time. Love your look, simple and chic!

I hope everything works out with the house.
    Aracely recently posted..White Denim

• Reply Krissy July 15, 2013 at 11:58 am

I wish i was in ATL for the meet up. Last year didn’t go all the way as planned for me as far as meeting folks went lol
    Krissy recently posted..The look

• Reply Kristin July 15, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I love how you jazzed up those wellies!
    Kristin recently posted..Style Challenge: Neon

• Reply Legally Chocolat July 15, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I need to get some cute rainboots! Yours are niiice!
    Legally Chocolat recently posted..and then it was six days later….

• Reply LaShawn July 15, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I had so much fun!
    Well, Saturday, I had alone time. I was…in heaven.
    And sunday I did a photoshoot and met up with some great bloggers! :-) Life is good!
    LaShawn recently posted..Letters to Our Sons: July

• Reply Lynn July 15, 2013 at 5:07 pm

WAIT!!!! U actually got Kita in a pic???!!!! Lol! And, is that a smirk I see on her face… Ok, she might just be breaking after all. Anywho, I love your Friday Night outfit and I can’t wait to see Grown-ups 2!
    Lynn recently posted..Just Another Manicure Monday!

• Reply Quiana July 15, 2013 at 5:09 pm

What a fun group to meet IRL!
    Quiana recently posted..Winner: Little Partners Art Easel

• Reply Jenni July 15, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Great picture of you ladies and kids. Glad you all had a good time.
    Jenni recently posted..Family Day – Then & Now

• Reply Dude Mom July 15, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Ahhh, Lashawn! I love her. And that belt and shoes you’re rockin too!
    Dude Mom recently posted..Mom Pretty Monday. All Dressed Up.

• Reply K. Rock July 16, 2013 at 10:15 am

I had a great time with you guys! We definitely have to do it again.

• Reply Tia July 16, 2013 at 11:33 am

You guys had a great weekend! I can’t remember the last time I went to the movies, LOL! So glad to hear that everything is going well with your new home. I’ve been seeing your decorating inspirations on Pinterest and I can’t wait to see how you make your new house a home!
    Tia recently posted..Video Diary Entry 7152013

• Reply Carla July 16, 2013 at 11:41 am

All I know, when I come to Atlanta, ya’ll better have a parade! LOL! J/K

Sounds like quite an eventful weekend. That verdict also saddened me to a point where I no longer have any words to express my grief. So, like you, I’m praying about it.. as hard as I can.

I’m still keeping you all in prayers about the house. It sounds like things are going to work in your favor. God is listening.
    Carla recently posted..26.

• Reply Dr. Reginia; The Social Mistress July 16, 2013 at 1:33 pm

You guys look great.

I hear it’s raining like mad in Atlanta…you’ve snagged the cutest boots to beat the water.
    Dr. Reginia; The Social Mistress recently posted..In my news…