Blogging, Family, Me, Mimi, My Girls

Old School Blogging…ABCs of Mimi

June 25, 2013
Adrian-and-I

So I don’t need to tell you it’s been crazy around here to say the least. I’ve been tagged a few times in this challenge and I can’t remember exactly who tagged me so I won’t name them in the event I leave someone out. Charge it to my heart and not my crazy summer brain.

A. Attached or Single - Attached. Oh so attached to the most amazing corporate thug ever.

Adrian-and-I

B. Best Friend - I am blessed to have a bunch of amazing besties on my team. Here are a few

Niya Birthday weekend

Brandye Addy and I

My birthday dinner

C. Cake or Pie - Cake. If you’ve ever had my Mother in Laws Red Velvet cake you totally understand why.

D.  Day of Choice – Sunday. It just feels easy. Lionel Richie was on to something.

E. Essential Item – I am assuming the basics like soap, water and toothpaste are a given. In that case I will go with my phone.

F. Favorite Color – Gray. All shades. Please don’t read too far into that. I’m talking about the color

G. Gummy Bears or Worms – Sour gummy worms. I sneak them in my purse after I buy them from the store so I don’t have to share.

H. Hometown – Washington, D.C.

I. Favorite Indulgence – Cuban or Jamaican food.

J. January or July – January. It just feels like a new beginning.

K. Kids – Two Birthed. One by marriage. Three in all.

L. Life isn’t complete without – God and a huge sense of faith

M. Marriage Date – September 2, 2005

N. Number of brothers and sisters – 0. Only child

O. Oranges or Apples – Fuji Apple. I despise soft fleshy apples. I like mine crispy

P. Phobias – Failure. I have noticed in my older age I am also slightly afraid of heights.

Q. Quotes – “Faith isn’t the ability to believe long and far into the misty future…it is simply believing God at His Word and taking the next step” – Joni Erikson Tada

R. Reasons to smile – A whole lot. To sum it all up…just waking up in the morning and having sense enough to believe God and work hard to be the best wife, mother and friend I can be.

S. Season of choice – Fall

IMG_8619

T. Tag five people – Everyone I would’ve tagged has done it already. So if you are reading and want to do it, feel free to say I tagged you.

U. Unknown fact about me – I have this awful habit of ripping all of the labels off of bottles in our house. In layman terms none of the lotion, deodorant, hair car products, mouthwash etc. in this house has a label on it. I know. Weird.

V. Vegetable – Broccoli

W. Worst habit – Procrastination and biting my nails. They may or may not be linked.

X. X-Ray or Ultrasound – Ultrasound.

Y. Your favorite food – Plantains.

Z. Zodiac Sign-  I was born in March. I don’t really get into the whole zodiac thing.

• Reply YUMMommy June 25, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Sometimes I take labels off bottles that I keep in the shower like body wash to avoid them peeling off. Otherwise, I leave them on.
    YUMMommy recently posted..Bible 365: Week 25

• Reply G K June 25, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Cool to know these things about you. I chuckled at corporate thug, all shades of Grey — I mean gray — and the weird label-peeling habit.

I, too, find that the older I get, the less I like heights (I’ve never been afraid of heights). Weird.

Enjoy the rest of your week.
    G K recently posted..Oh, hey there.

• Reply Jehancancook June 25, 2013 at 12:48 pm

This is a cool tag. I’m extremely private but think I might do this for my blog. Its always cool to learn different sides of people that you ordinarily wont see.

• Reply bernettastyle June 25, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I like how you added the pictures to yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply Kita June 25, 2013 at 1:28 pm

No labels……whaaaaa
    I am into the zodiac thing and y’all Pisces get on my last with that procrastination stuff the hubs and I fight on a daily.

• Reply Eliss June 25, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I really enjoyed reading this. Although I must say, I love my oranges. I have to have at least one a day.
    Eliss recently posted..Low Self Esteem Doesn’t Live Here: Honesty From A Dark Girl

• Reply Quiana June 25, 2013 at 2:28 pm

You and DH are exactly the same about crisp apples! I’ll eat any but red delicious. He calls my soft apples “snow apples.” LOL!
    Quiana recently posted..How the Lovebirds Kick Off Summer ’13

• Reply uniquelybrandid June 25, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Team procrastinate! I mean, maybe we should stop leaving things to the last minute. Nah what’s the fun in that?
    uniquelybrandid recently posted..Something New

• Reply Cam | Bibs & Baubles June 25, 2013 at 8:13 pm

I hear you on hiding so you don’t have to share. I have been known to stand in a corner in the kitchen and stuff my face with treats before anyone can say “I want some”. LOL

Cuban food = BOMB! Love it.

Plantains… just tried from plantain chips with sea salt… deelish!
    Cam | Bibs & Baubles recently posted..Mama’s Working Out

• Reply Lynn June 25, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Great list it’s always good to read more about the person behind the blogs… I think I will eventually do this!
    Lynn recently posted..Weekend Recap + OOTD Inspiration

• Reply Tori June 25, 2013 at 10:33 pm

I love reading these, would never do it myself tho..seems to personal. But I am happy to know I’m not the only procrastinator! lol
    Tori recently posted..1 Dress, 2 Girls, 3 Ways with Target!

• Reply Mrs. Delightful June 26, 2013 at 5:56 am

Love this!!! I’m tagging in, LOL

• Reply Farrah June 26, 2013 at 11:36 am

LOL @ corporate thug!! My Hubbie and his boys called themselves that while on the hill at FAMU!!! Enjoyed reading this post:)

• Reply Mimi June 27, 2013 at 11:58 am

They create some fine men up on that highest of 7 hills don’t they!

• Reply Mylah Stanton June 26, 2013 at 9:50 pm

We have quite a bit in common my dear!!! :-) Here’s to one day meeting in person!
    Mylah Stanton recently posted..Death, and then What?

• Reply LaShawn June 27, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I love fuji apples too. A mushy apple is just…wrong!
    DC repesent!
    Aww, you guys got married a few days after we did!
    Yes, I bite my nails too. Sad sad.
    I love how you added pictures to yours!

• Reply Candace (NYStateofMoM) June 28, 2013 at 6:10 am

Really? No labels? Lol yea yea I know we’re Pisces over thinkers and procrastinators! And Fuji and Gala apples are my favorite, no mush please!
    Candace (NYStateofMoM) recently posted..Getting Behind the Lens

• Reply KalleyC June 28, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Oh I feel you on the no soft apples business. I like honey crisp myself, but I will and do eat fuji apples in a heartbeat.

Yeah, there is something to say about us pisces that like to procrastinate. Don’t know why.

As for the labels, I don’t blame you. I have to wash every soap bottle in the house because I don’t like the way they feel covered in soap. Ewww. I like things nice and clean (and clean the tops of the lotion). Now that’s crazy.
    KalleyC recently posted..Building Positive Memories

• Reply Mimi June 29, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Umm yes. Cleaning the tops of the lotion bottle is a bit excessive!