Wordless Wednesday

{kinda} Wordless Wednesday

May 1, 2013
IMG_2484

My camera was broken.

I just thought I would put that out there in the event anyone was wondering what happened to my 365 Project. I went to take my lens off my new camera one day and it wouldn’t come off. Stuck I say. With so much going on with our little housing situation I kind of pushed it off to the side and this week I was finally able to tackle the issue.

I called Canon and they informed me it would be about $400 to get it fixed if it was the lens and not the camera. I mentioned the options to the Mr. and he gave me that look like, “oh well.”

Well it turns out my cheap little nifty fifty had a plastic casing and after it took a tumble one of the plastic pieces unfortunately got lodged in the place where the camera releases the lens. How did I know this you ask? Google. After the Mr. said nothing but “oh well,” I knew it would be a minute before I could get the repair done so after some research I decided to tackle the repair myself. I know…

IMG_2484

Once I knew it was likely the lens and not the camera I dislodged the lens from the casing and after a few expletives and a bloody knuckle I was able to to detach the lens and salvage my camera. I took a risk and it paid off..this time. I would rather spend $80 on a new lens although I will likely just save up and get the 50mm 1.2 that I had been putting off but that’s another story for another day.

So about an hour after I completed surgery on the camera my neighbors and I took the babies to a semi farm/zoo called Noah’s Ark not far from our house. It is a refuge for animals who no longer have a home. I suppose they were in the circus or things of that nature and were no longer wanted and this place takes them in and takes care of these animals based on donations only.

IMG_2431

IMG_2424

IMG_2450

IMG_2419

I guess I failed at my Project 365….I’ll blame it on Murphy’s Law.

Have you fixed or dismantled anything lately? Been to the Zoo? Seen a Peacock in real life?

• Reply LaShawn May 1, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Just start over! That’s what I did. I restarted my 365 on my birthday with the new camera. Gives me a perfect excuse to practice!
    Do sad about the nifty fifty! The 50 1.2 is a L lens. I dream of L lenses! But I’ll stick with my 50 1.4 for now. I’m going to upgrade my zoom and my 35 next. Because I use those the most. But I’ve been loving my 50 a lot more lately!

• Reply Baby Shopaholic May 1, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Glad you were able to save your camera and money!
    Baby Shopaholic recently posted..Lost in Suburbia in Printed Pants

• Reply Joi May 1, 2013 at 4:11 pm

You are handy with your camera ma’am! Glad you fixed it.

The peacock picture is beautiful!
    Joi recently posted..You’re Invited to a Blog Party

• Reply Law_Fal May 1, 2013 at 4:48 pm

that peacock is beautiful. I haven’t been to the zoo in at least a decade!
    Law_Fal recently posted..Rain, Crawfish & Other Weekend Happenings….

• Reply Kita May 1, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Never heard of this place *puts it on my take the kids this summer list* You can find answers to everything on Google I asked google the other day if I would be rich…it did not give me the answer I needed. *big sigh*
    Kita recently posted..Pinterest Wednesday

• Reply BessieAkuba May 2, 2013 at 4:23 am

Good thing you were able to fix the lenses. That’s the worst when thing break on camera’s :-/. I’m going to have to check out Noah’s Arch when me and my daughter are in town..look nice and not too crowded.
    BessieAkuba recently posted..London in Black and White :: Part II

• Reply Krissy May 2, 2013 at 1:12 pm

google is my best friend! I fixed a few things using it. Addy’s lipgloss was poppin!
    Krissy recently posted..Wordless Wednesday : baby photobombing

• Reply miss donna May 3, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Mimi – as if the camera surgery commentary wasn’t funny enough, you ended the post by asking me if i’ve ever seen a peacock in real life?! outburst!! girl, i heard your voice all the way through this one. i just scrolled back up and hollered again!
    miss donna recently posted..keep the change | $20 budget – April

• Reply Dr. Reginia; The Social Mistress May 5, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Sorry about the cam; I hope you start with the photos again bc I like your work.

Ps. Tell Lil tink tink to stop climbing on that fence.
    Dr. Reginia; The Social Mistress recently posted..Summer 2013 Style: Don’t Forget Your Underwear

• Reply Tasha May 6, 2013 at 10:23 am

Sorry about your camera. I am glad you could fix it though. My niece broke my camera earlier this year. Yeah it sucks.

The Noah’s ark place looks cool. Might need to look into as a place to donate monthly too.
    Tasha recently posted..Motivational Monday

• Reply Michelle May 6, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I love the peacock shot!! Glad your gamble worked out for you!
    Michelle recently posted..Loving Lately: Charm Bracelets

• Reply Teems May 18, 2013 at 3:19 am

Aww man. I have done all of the above. I have been taking a bit of a gamble on fixing most things around here. Well now we get to see your wonderful pictures again. :-)
    Teems recently posted..Get Off My Breast, Son!