Cooking, Cooking, Domestications, Recipes

Mustard Roasted Potatoes

March 23, 2013
IMG_0149

I love potatoes. I low key blame my obsession on my mother who was the master of making potatoes. In the past I have tried to master making roasted potatoes but they always came out bland. One Saturday morning I was watching Barefoot Contessa and she was whipping up Mustard Roasted Potatoes. I knew I had to give this recipe a whirl. You will be proud of me. I stayed on task for the most part…only substitution I made was I used red potatoes instead of Yukon Gold.

I chopped up one onion into small slivers and quartered about 10 red potatoes

IMG_0124

I then tossed the potatoes and onions in 3 TBS of olive oil, 2 TBS of whole grain mustard and a pinch of Kosher salt..Okay a little more than a pinch because I love Kosher salt.

IMG_0137

IMG_0144

IMG_0149

Baked at 425 for about 45 minutes. Make sure to toss often to keep the skins from sticking to the pan.

IMG_0155

OMGahhhhhhh the mustard and the kosher salt gave just the right amount of kick to the potatoes which turned out really crunchy on the edges and just right in the middle. This was super easy. Took about 10 minutes to do all of the chopping and mixing. Whole dish took about an hour. We like that!

• Reply Dr. Reginia; The Social Mistress March 23, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Aww, I have to try the whole grain garlic mustard…. man these look delicious.
    Dr. Reginia; The Social Mistress recently posted..PCOS & Infertility (Guest Post)

• Reply Legally Chocolat March 24, 2013 at 11:42 am

Looks tasty!

• Reply Rosesdaughter March 24, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I love Barefoot Contessa! She’s got me roasting vegetables all the time!

• Reply Joy and Sunshine March 24, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I love Barefoot Contessa! I’ve made her rosemary roasted potatoes on the blog, but these mustard/onion ones look so yummy, I’m going to have to try this recipe as well. Nice photography, too!
    Joy and Sunshine recently posted..Yellow, White, and Gray

• Reply Eboni March 24, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Omg! I looooooove potatoes, too… It’s bad lol! With roasted potatoes, you almost have to over season to get them right… I know what you mean about them coming out bland. I’m gonna have to try this recipe because that mustard sounds on point!
    Eboni recently posted..Style Me Friday: White Jeans (or pants!) {It’s a Link Up!}

• Reply Quiana March 25, 2013 at 12:11 am

Sounds delish! I LOVE Barefoot Contessa and potatoes so I seriously need to make this. I use red potatoes and follow the package on the Lipton onion soup mix to roast them – so addictive!
    Quiana recently posted..Giveaway: Spring Into Gorgeous Skin With Rodan + Fields

• Reply Mrs. Delightful March 25, 2013 at 7:31 am

That looks soooo good.

Mrs. Delightful

• Reply Teems March 26, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Get into my belly! I do enjoy some roasted potatoes.
    Teems recently posted..10 Months Strong and 1 Day Weak.

• Reply Tia March 27, 2013 at 1:18 pm

These sound so good! I use that same mustard and kosher salt in my coleslaw and it’s always so yummy!! I am going to try in on potatoes next. Thanks for sharing!
    Tia recently posted..Sleepless with Savannah

• Reply Eliss March 28, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I’ve actually cooked some of the dishes you’ve posted on here so I’m always happy when you post them.

• Reply Amanda April 2, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I love Ina!!! I only care to see her and Giada on the food network lol. I must try to make those potatoes they look AMAZING
    Amanda recently posted..Snap Back!

• Reply Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes | Lipgloss & BinkyLipgloss & Binky January 21, 2014 at 10:31 pm

[…] I had major success with Barefoot Contessa’s mustard roasted potatoes, I sought about finding a recipe for roasted sweet potatoes. I came across a recipe for Herb […]

• Reply Mila Furman February 11, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Oh…these look fabulouso! I make a grainy mustard cold potato salad but this looks awesome as well! Can’t wait to try it!
    How awesome are the sits girls for bringing us together! So thrilled I get so many new bloggy friends!