Fashion, Frugal and Fab, Mama Fashion

JcPenney Spring Fashion Wish List

March 8, 2013
MNG by Mango Zip Back Sweater Dress

…and no this isn’t a sponsored post!

So you know I love a good romp in the thrift store, but every now and then..okay, quite often I need a little actual retail therapy. With the house being built my funds this season are a bit thin so I’ve been on the hunt for where I can pick up a few nice pieces for the low low. About a year ago they built a free standing JCP not far from my house and I have been shopping in there a lot, yet when I say JcPenney’s to people these days they look at me like I’m crazy. Listen, this is not the same JCP that your Mama, Grandma and Aunties shopped in while all the kids were forced to sit in the car. Since the rebrand JCP is bringing the fashion for cheap..I wouldn’t lie to you. Here are a few items on my wish list…aaaaand all of these items are under $40 a piece. I’ll still probably wait until the first round of clearance though!! What can I say, I love a good fab deal.

Bisou Bisou Belted Lace Shorts

MNG by Mango Striped Sheath Dress

MNG by Mango

MNG by Mango Zip Back Sweater Dress

MNG by Mango

MNG by Mango Zip Front Drawstring Dress

MNG by Mango

Who amongst you has been sleeping on JcPenney’s?!!

• Reply Aracely March 8, 2013 at 8:50 am

Cute! I need those Joe Fresh pants – didn’t know they were sold in JcPenney!!
    Aracely recently posted..It’s My Birthday!!

• Reply dea win March 8, 2013 at 9:31 am

I need that tee. Guess who’s going to JCP?
    dea win recently posted..A Little Girl Reflects on her Beauty: I’m Pretty Now!

• Reply Dr. Reginia; The Social Mistress March 8, 2013 at 9:35 am

My sister turned me on the JCP a few years ago. I find good pieces every now and again but their undergarments are always on sale; I love that. I can snag a cute pair of sandals too.

• Reply Tia March 8, 2013 at 10:01 am

Love those teal lace shorts and of course the blogger tee! Very cute stuff! I keep telling my friends to check out JCP, but they’re still sleeping!
    Tia recently posted..Military Momma Baby Shower

• Reply Legally Chocolat March 8, 2013 at 10:20 am

I love JC penny’s. I was just looking at the little catalog advertisement they mailed out last night and I saw alot of stuff I liked. I’ve always been a fan. Shoot I get my hair done there and everything ;-)
    Legally Chocolat recently posted..Is "Tired" an Emotion?

• Reply Niecy March 8, 2013 at 11:21 am

I have totally been love what Penny’s is doing. It certainly is not our grandmama’s JCP!

Love everything you posted. I always wait for their clearance rounds on Thursdays to hit!

• Reply Amber March 8, 2013 at 11:36 am

I feel in love with JCP when I was preggers. Their maternity line was the most affordable and stylish I’d seen! I always stop in when I’m in the mall!
    Amber recently posted..The Reason Why Target is the Bermuda Triangle of Retail

• Reply uniquelybrandid March 8, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Those lace shorts, the paisley pants and that geometric stripe dress are all TDF. I remember being a tween thumbing through the JC Penney catalog planning all the outfits I wanted to get for Christmas. Then JC Penney got a little uncool for some reason. But I see they’re stepping up their game more and more these days.
    uniquelybrandid recently posted..My new obsession

• Reply Baby Shopaholic March 8, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Love me some JCP! Folk be sleep! I almost got those bcbg shorts but I need to hit the gym before trying on shorts.
    Baby Shopaholic recently posted..Style Me Friday: Jessica Alba in Floral Pants

• Reply Kita March 8, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I went in JCP for the first time in about a year last week and I was surprised by some of the changes. The clothes were reasonable and cute and you don’t find that often. I bought me a top on sale and I bought the baby an outfit their little girls section has stepped up all the way.
    Kita recently posted..Convo at the Georgia Vital office

• Reply Mama Violet March 8, 2013 at 11:03 pm

*raises hand* I have not been in JCP in a minute! I love the lace shorts!
    Mama Violet recently posted..$30 Thrift Haul: vintage Gucci, boots, gloves and more!

• Reply Kurlylicious March 9, 2013 at 5:27 am

I’m headed there this weekend! My co-worker shared a $10 off $25 coupon with me :)
    Kurlylicious recently posted..TGIF – The weekend is here!

• Reply BessieAkuba March 10, 2013 at 7:04 am

Ummm I have been sleeping on JCP for a minute, but because of that last dress..I may need to check them out.
    BessieAkuba recently posted..Doc Waller on Creativity, Honesty and Antigravity

• Reply trininista March 10, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Love MNG by Mango. Great taste, girl.
    trininista recently posted.."Me" is not a dirty word

• Reply Quiana March 10, 2013 at 11:43 pm

That blogger shirt is cute! I’ll admit I’ve slept on JCPenney – I used to go there a lot growing up in Ohio and now in NYC there’s one in the mall I frequent but I pass through on my way to the train without giving it notice. I think I’ll slow down next time and take a closer look! Thanks for the update.
    Quiana recently posted..Love Birds’ First Cruise Recap Pt. 2: Days 4-6

• Reply Tami March 11, 2013 at 8:45 am

The Duro collection is really nice! I went to the preview party during NYFW! Made very well and very stylish, it just hit stores this month!

• Reply Tasha March 11, 2013 at 5:03 pm

JCP has stepped up the game since I was a child. Its very refreshing. Kinda still trying to figure out this no sale thing they got going on. They have $5 swimsuits right now.
    Tasha recently posted..Motivational Monday

• Reply Lynn March 13, 2013 at 9:11 am

Guilty… I’m a JCP Fan! They have really stepped their game up!
    Lynn recently posted..Go to Dress… OOTD!

• Reply Carla March 17, 2013 at 12:21 pm

JCP is about to become my new favorite spot again. They have made a major comeback!
    Carla recently posted..Just Live.