Mama's Babies, Photography

My Camera and I…A Rekindled Romance

December 5, 2012

If you have been reading over here for awhile you remember a time when I was obsessed with my camera. I was  taking lots of pictures and really immersing myself into learning more about photography and then….

Life got in the way. Okay, I won’t blame it solely on life because shortly after I returned from Blogher I discovered that one of my kit lenses had broken and it totally took the last bit of photo taking breath in me when it died. Not to mention I was discouraged that I wasn’t able to create some of the prettier pictures that I had seen other bloggers taking so I decided I would wait until I got a new camera before I picked up my hobby again. EX.CUSES

Well, I am happy to say that last week my new baby was delivered. I have the shutterbug again. I even joined Clickin’ Moms. You have been warned, there will be lots of pictures from here on out until the newness of this camera wears off.

I was determined to get some fall photos of my babies so I went out with my old camera a few weeks ago and snapped these after having to use the manual focus on the lens. What a struggle. These aren’t  that great, but they served the purpose. However, I guarantee the Christmas ones will be amazing.

• Reply Brandi December 5, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Your children are beautiful. I think your pictures came out great and look very professional.

• Reply Rhonda L. December 5, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Beautiful!
    Rhonda L. recently posted..Friday Night Lights {The Bachelorette Party Edition}

• Reply LaShawn December 5, 2012 at 1:12 pm

YAY!! I’m so glad! I still have the great photos you took of Pookah! You know you were my original inspiration, so you have to come back!!!! And you will LOVE LOVE clickin moms! Get the app for your phone. Can’t wait to see the Christmas photos with your new baby!
    LaShawn recently posted..Caught on Camera….Oh Christmas Tree

• Reply Legally Chocolat December 5, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply Baby Shopaholic December 5, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I think the pictures are cute! I know you will do great things with your new camera!
    Baby Shopaholic recently posted..Tristin + Tyler Interview Carmelo Anthony!!!

• Reply Aracely December 5, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I love these pics they look professional and your little ones look adorable!
    Aracely recently posted..What’s up with Madi?

• Reply Candace (NYStateofMom) December 5, 2012 at 2:53 pm

YAY glad you’re back at it, it’s my inspiration. That Canon Rebel is the ONLY thing on my Christmas list. Love those shots and can’t wait to see the Christmas/New Year shots
    Candace (NYStateofMom) recently posted..Just Another MANIcure Monday-On Wednesday

• Reply Quiana December 5, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Congrats on rekindling your romance! I love shooting in Manual (although my husband rolls his eyes when I do) and need to check out Clickin’ Moms finally too.
    Quiana recently posted..Our 1st Cruise is Booked!

• Reply Kita December 5, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Yay the pictures look great. I am not going to get into the camera bug….I will not….You all got me looking at nail polish and next I will be looking to join clickin mom no I will not do it.
    Kita recently posted..Max and Ruby Chronicles

• Reply Kim December 5, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Great pictures. I can’t wait to see more.
    Kim recently posted..28 Weeks: Mommy Fashion

• Reply Cam | Bibs & Baubles December 5, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I need to develop a relationship with my expensive non-hobby. That camera was far from cheap and I totally treat it like a point and shoot, when I remember to use it. Dag, I’m a slacker! Enough of my pity party…

Your pictures came out great. I’m loving little mans missing teeth. Only kids can look that cute toothless! Little mama is in straight up diva mode with those boots! Me likey! :-)
    Cam | Bibs & Baubles recently posted..Putting on Listening Ears

• Reply Brandyne December 5, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Your kids are just so stinkin’ adorable! I really need to invest in a good camera. Maybe in the New Year :)
    Brandyne recently posted..Merry Mouthfuls #1

• Reply Mama Violet December 5, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Great shots! Glad you’re back in business. You definitely have an eye.
    Mama Violet recently posted..Style File: violet scarf and metallic gold oxfords

• Reply miss donna December 5, 2012 at 11:45 pm

do you feel complete now that you’re “back”?! beautiful babies and photos! (and Kita’s comment tickled the h#ll outta me!)
    miss donna recently posted..personal style | semi-dressed up jeans

• Reply Mimi December 10, 2012 at 12:35 am

I do feel complete! Its like something I do for fun. Girl, Kita has no sense!

• Reply Jenni December 6, 2012 at 8:49 am

The kids are so cute! Really loving the first one. They all look great. Can’t wait to see more.
    Jenni recently posted..Our Thanksgiving

• Reply Vanessa December 6, 2012 at 10:47 am

Love the photos of your children. Especially your sons beg cheese minus the teeth lol. Your daughter is very cute

• Reply Mimi December 10, 2012 at 12:34 am

Thank you!

• Reply Krissy December 6, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I keep saying I want a fancy camera because i LOVE taking pics. One day maybe.

I love the kids of the kiddos. Its so cute how you and hubs have a twin in your children.

• Reply K. Rock December 6, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Y’all are really trying to make me want a camera. But I know the minute I get it I will establish that I dont have any time to learn to use it. But I really want to take cute pictures like these…

Anyway, the pics look great and your kids are super adorbs!
    K. Rock recently posted..Find me

• Reply Gerri December 7, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Love, love, love. I happen to enjoy good, fun writing OR blogs with awesome pics. And you’re combining the two?

Can my blog and your blog get married? :)

Ha! Have a good weekend!
    Gerri recently posted..Happy Birthday, M!

• Reply GG December 7, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Yay! I loooove the photos! Looking forward to you sharing your evolving skillz! ;-)
    GG recently posted..The Hazards of Being a Dreamer

• Reply bessieakuba December 7, 2012 at 1:45 pm

These photos are so beautiful! Can’t wait to see the Christmas photos. Sometimes it good to take a break whether we do it intentionally or life makes us–kinda helps us “re-up” on our creative juices :)

• Reply Prototype Mama December 7, 2012 at 4:07 pm

These are some great shots– I have an amazing camera & STILL to this day– don’t know how to take great photos! Can’t wait to see more.

SN: love the new blog layout!

• Reply YUMMommy December 7, 2012 at 7:31 pm

My favorite is the second from the last! I’ve been looking into a new camera and taking a few photography classes. Can’t wait to see the Christmas pics!
    YUMMommy recently posted..Thankful Thursday

• Reply Carla December 9, 2012 at 9:12 am

The photos of your babies are just adorable!

I’m glad you decided to pick up your camera and rediscover that love you have for it. I’ve always loved your pictures.
    Carla recently posted..Christmas Time in the City.

• Reply Rhonda December 9, 2012 at 11:04 am

I do remember when you were obsessed with your camera! I love when you take these type of photos. You are a natural and your family is beautiful!
    Rhonda recently posted..Just checking in

• Reply Alisha December 10, 2012 at 11:31 am

These are absolutely gorgeous pics!!! You did a great job and your kids are too cute!
    Alisha recently posted..Black Hair Media: Textured Beauty

• Reply Teems December 11, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I am excited to see all the nice pictures to come. I love taking pictures but I never really took the time to learn. I will though.

• Reply Tia December 16, 2012 at 11:32 pm

These are absolutely gorgeous!
    Tia recently posted..In Case You Want To Know What I Want For Christmas

• Reply Joy and Sunshine December 19, 2012 at 11:35 am

These ARE great! I think you captured your little ones and the fall setting beautifully in these photos.
    Joy and Sunshine recently posted..Cookbooks

• Reply My Babies are Growing Up | Lipgloss & BinkyLipgloss & Binky November 7, 2013 at 11:37 pm

[…] was them last year. Excuse me while I go cry myself to […]