I just went back and read my blog posts from this time last year and it literally feels like this year flew by. I mean flew like a G6. Gone like Justin Timberlake.

This year went exceptionally well for me. I never take these things for granted, and in the past when my mind would wander in negative places I would think a good year was simply a setup for a bad one. Thank goodness for growth because I am looking at 2012 as only a small snippet of what is to come in 2013.

Source: Uploaded by user via Mimi on Pinterest

There have been mistakes and mishaps just as there has been good decisions and blessings. I take the good with the bad and I am ready for the new year. Sometime between now and the end of the week I will sit down with some of my old magazines…I mean old cause y’all know how I am about my beloved mailed publications and make me vision board. I have never done one so I am anxious to put those jumblings in my mind onto something visually creative to refer to during the year.

My major goals for the new year are:

To get moved into our new home

Seriously grow my blog

Start a new business ( it is in the workings…I’ll tell you in the new year)

Complete some major dental work that I have been putting off because I’m scared

Live in the moment and enjoy my life…This one trumps every.thang. EVERYTHANG!

I hope your end of the year is going well and your plans are well under the way so that you can hit the ground running. I have been scarce around these parts for the past few weeks and it is likely I will not be around to your blogs or on social media for the remainder of the year…lies.

I just want you to know that I appreciate all of you for stopping by here, interacting with me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For taking out the time to type in comments and show concern and love when its needed. I take none of these things for granted and you all are appreciated. I wish you a Merry Christmas. I will see you guys in the New Year!!

14 Responses to End of Year Pleasantries

• Chellany says:

Happy Holidays, Mimi!! Love this post, it spoke volumes to me! Im praying that 2013 is the best year yet for you! Air hugs!! Cant wait to see your vision board, I guess I will take advantage of my Christmas break and start on my new one.

• Mimi says:

I am about to put all kinds of stuff on my vision board. Everybody keeps saying the things they put on theirs came true last year. It’s worth a try. I’m going to put win the lottery on there just in case!!

• Law_Fal says:

I definitely need to get a vision board in the works, or atleast some goals or something! I’m excited for what the future holds, hope u have a super prosperous new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Law_Fal recently posted..Okay, okay

• Monica J says:

I love your blog and I didn’t stop by enough in 2012, so expect to se me more in the new year. Definitely make that vision board. I love creating vision boards. They are always great to add to and serve as inspiration throughout the year. I agree to live in the moment. We didn’t get to meet at BlogHer this year, but I’m hoping to make that happen in the new year, whether at Blogher or another event. I wish you and your family a joyous new year. :-)
    Monica J recently posted..Fashion Friday: Holiday with Catimini Children’s Clothing

• Mimi says:

I am so sad I didn’t get to meet you in NYC but I am so happy that you are well and good now! Hopefully we’ll catch up in California. I lurk on your blog but I am looking forward to connecting more this year.

I am definitely going to make my vision board. I have come across too many people who said the majority of the things they placed on their board manifested itself. I’m ready!

• Mimi says:

Exactly! We can get so caught up in the blog game that normal life becomes second nature. We have to end up reliving it through our blog posts. That’s no way to live!! I’m made my dentist appointment. Now its your turn!!

Happy New Year!