Christmas, Holiday Shopping, Holidays

Handmade/Small Business Holiday Gift Guide

November 27, 2012

I know I should’ve had this up for Small Biz Saturday but….no time better than the present.

In my dealings and perusing on the inter-webs and the streets of Atlanta I come across some pretty unique and useful things. As Christmas is upon us I thought I would highlight some of these businesses that I have patronized and love.

1. Pretty Girl Bow-Rettes by Antonette: I love her hairbows. I MAY or may not have bought some to give as a gift and kept them for myself…don’t be like me.

2. Expressions by BTS Events Inc.: She plans events and makes invitations and stationary by hand. She is currently running a Christmas card special. For $40 you can receive 20  one of a kind Christmas cards with your photo of choice. Pricing includes envelopes and shipping.

3. Bernetta’s Body Butter Blend: You all may be familiar with Bernetta from her blog but she also whips up the most ash busting body butter. I have used it on my skin, and the baby’s hair. I’m hooked.

4. D’Lish Soap Factory: I’m not sure how I came across this brand but I purchased some as a gift and was real tempted to keep it for myself. FYI, you can’t eat this, it’s soap!

5. Wrist Soiree: Once again one of my incessant late night internet sessions dropped this shop in my lap. I love these bracelets and I love the pricing on them even more. How unique are these

6. LaLynns: Efie doesn’t just blog but runs an accessories shop that has some very unique statement jewelry pieces. Whether you are in search of something for a special event or for everyday wear she has something for you.

7. Nineteen Pieces: I love jewelry can’t you tell. Nineteen Pieces also offers up some unique handmade pieces that are made to look like their more expensive counterparts.

I was not provided any compensation for this gift guide. I just like to share the love  and give you somewhere to start in the event you were stumped on what to get me the people on your list for Christmas!!!!!!

• Reply Ashley November 27, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Great post!! Love these gift ideas :)

With Love,
    Ashley
    AsassyWoman.Com
    Ashley recently posted..The Bloggers Review at Dress To Kill Boutique {Recap + What I wore}

• Reply Cam | Bibs & Baubles November 27, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Great list. I have been meaning to try Bernetta’s butter. Gotta get to it.
    Cam | Bibs & Baubles recently posted..My Favorite Day in November…

• Reply Brandyne November 27, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Can I just be honest and say that I want all of these things for myself? I mean obviously I plan on giving gifts, but these things are so perfect for me too!
    Brandyne recently posted..Mani Monday

• Reply Amber November 27, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Ash busting (shea butter)? She needs to put that in a testimonial, stat! LMBO!!!!!!!!
    Amber recently posted..How Was Your Weekend?: Post-Thanksgiving Edition

• Reply Lynn November 28, 2012 at 8:51 am

Yeah, I gotta get some of Bernetta’s B3! And, how effin’ cute is that soap!!!!! Thanks for including LA Lynn’s… It’s greatly appreciated!!!!! Xoxo
    Lynn recently posted..Just another MANICure Monday + Polish Swap

• Reply Baby Shopaholic November 28, 2012 at 9:47 am

Some good stuff! Love that bracelet!
    Baby Shopaholic recently posted..CurlBox Black Friday Sale

• Reply Spoiled Diva November 28, 2012 at 12:22 pm

That body butter looks awesome. I would have tried to eat it if I didn’t know any better! LOl
    Spoiled Diva recently posted..OOTD: eShakti Dress Review

• Reply krissy November 28, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Nice. That soap is too cute
    krissy recently posted..Wordless Wednesday :great birthday

• Reply Alicia @MommyDelicious November 28, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Number 5. Yep! I’m gonna need that gift in my life!
    Alicia @MommyDelicious recently posted..Alvin Ailey Takes NYC!

• Reply Antonette Copeland November 28, 2012 at 2:15 pm

OMG MIMI!
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!
    You are one positive person & I am thankful to know you!
    I’ll be sure to hook Addison up with a Christmas bow! Yay!

• Reply Mama Violet November 28, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Loving D’lish and Wrist Soirée. Adding to my etsy favorites! Thanks for sharing.
    Mama Violet recently posted..Major thrift haul at Savers and Goodwill!

• Reply Nellie November 28, 2012 at 7:21 pm

great businesses!
    Nellie recently posted..So wait, my kid is NOT perfect?!

• Reply Kirstin Marie November 30, 2012 at 12:28 pm

This is a great post!! Excellent guide to small businesses that I need to check out.

• Reply Mrs. Pancakes December 1, 2012 at 5:52 am

Great list and these are probably some better options!

• Reply Candace (NYStateofMom) December 1, 2012 at 4:44 pm

LOVE LOVE #5! Reminds me of the king cobra style we used to do with lanyard…wow remember lanyards?? lol
    Candace (NYStateofMom) recently posted..Wordless Wednesday-Powder Donuts

• Reply Carla December 2, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I just love small businesses and handmade things! They just have more meaning to me.
    Carla recently posted..Christmas Time in the City.

• Reply L.Duncan December 14, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Mimi!!!

Thank you so much for featuring my bracelet! I really appreciate it:-)

Lakeitha