Fashion, Mama Fashion, Wardrobe Wednesday

Wardrobe Wednesday…Chunky Knits

October 17, 2012

I love anything knitted or crocheted. I just do…and if I could take out the time to learn and stop making Etsy shops rich I might have more in my wardrobe.

Like the cardigan, a chunky knit instantly transforms the drab into fab. Its a statement piece that needs no competition. Jeans, a shirt and a nice stud earring is all you need to let a chunky knit steal the show.

Source: cocoonam.tumblr.com via cathie on Pinteres

Source: vingil-lab.livejournal.com via Laura. on Pinterest

Source: live.drjays.com via Carrie on Pinterest

Source: wa-rm.tumblr.com via Laura on Pinterest

Source: roomrx.blogspot.co.uk via Jessica on Pinterest

I have had some luck finding the best chunky knits at  TJ Maxx/Marshalls and in the thrift store, oh and on Etsy.

Chunky knits are another fab and functional item that is worth adding to your wardrobe.

• Reply Aracely October 17, 2012 at 8:11 am

I love chunky knits as well! So warm and comfy. That sweater in the first pic is just lovely and I love the mustard yellow sweater/blanket! :-)
    Aracely recently posted..Date Night

• Reply Kirstin Marie October 17, 2012 at 9:26 am

I totally love all of the chunky sweaters. They just look so incredibly comfy & cozy. I just need some cold weather and I’m all set to wear one!
    Kirstin Marie recently posted..Kenneth Cole Collection

• Reply Eliss October 17, 2012 at 10:19 am

I love chunky knits! I knit, so usually I make my own chunky scarves.

• Reply Mimi October 17, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Just because I know you are studying and moving I won’t commission you to make me one!!

• Reply Baby Shopaholic October 17, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I can do the sweaters cuz my chest and back are to big! But I love a nice chunky scarf!
    Baby Shopaholic recently posted..The New MCM

• Reply Tami Rebekah October 17, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Love this look!!! These never look good on me but I want one so badly!!! Great post!

• Reply Candace (NYStateofMom) October 17, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I love chunky knits! As soon as it gets a lil breezy up here I start looking for more. I need to check Etsy for an infinity scarf this year.
    Candace (NYStateofMom) recently posted..Weekend Wrap-Close to Home

• Reply YUMMommy October 17, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Love knits! I would live in them year round if I could.
    YUMMommy recently posted..Wordless Wednesday

• Reply Karen October 20, 2012 at 11:38 am

Those are some serious chunky knits. I could probably pull off the first one but some may be overwhelming for my frame. Using them as accessories is another great idea. Love the scarf options!
    Karen recently posted..Trend Alert: Leather & Lace

• Reply Carla October 21, 2012 at 9:32 am

I love them, especially the scarves and oversized sweaters!
    Carla recently posted..It’s OK.

• Reply Antonette Copeland October 23, 2012 at 9:52 am

Hey Mimi. My mom makes the cutest crocheted hat & scarf sets for kids…us to…
    I’ll have to post some pics on fb for you to see.
    I used to know how to crochet. She taught me when I was really young.