Besties, Family, My Girls, Weekend

Weekend WrapUp

July 23, 2012

How was your weekend?

This weekend was rather chill.

Saturday morning my husband took my stepdaughter home :-(. This is one indication that summer is quickly coming to close.

While he was traveling down south, I was at the builder handling some issues with our new home. I’ll go in detail later this week.

For the greater part of the afternoon we lounged around and then around 6 in the evening we all headed out to my bestie’s house. She was hosting a birthday dinner party for herself! We ate and had drinks on the rooftop of her loft downtown. The weather was perfect. Great time hanging out with the family and friends. Those moments are so far and few between that I really do cherish them.

IMG_6118.jpg

..but what was on his mind

IMG_6126.jpg

This was sooooo good

My bestie’s neighbor is from Africa and she made this dish. It was potatoes, cabbage, peppers, string beans and a tomato base. So good. I am going to ask her for the recipe and share. You have to taste.

IMG_6131.jpg

SANGRIA!!!!!!!

IMG_6152.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

IMG_6165.jpg
I’m standing like that because she is a small and I had on wedges. I was just trying to even up the playing field.

IMG_6182.jpg

IMG_6186.jpg

My girl is going to find the cupcakes. Believe!!

BYE!!

How was your weekend!

• Reply This Cookn Mom July 23, 2012 at 1:58 pm

The cabbage dish looks delicious! The kids always find the cupcakes, even if you try to hide them.
    I can’t believe summer is almost over. I haven’t even done half the things on my summer list.
    This Cookn Mom recently posted..Moving Home

• Reply Christina July 23, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Love the pics, looks like it was a great time!
    Christina recently posted..Randoms, 24 Weeks

• Reply Kita July 23, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Love the pics looks like a great way to wind down the summer. The dish looks good but I am loving the sangria more.

• Reply Amber July 23, 2012 at 2:24 pm

That’s some fancy livin’ with a rooftop and such! LOL I love having good people and good food together at the same time. And cupcakes. #winning
    Amber recently posted..Traveling with Natural Hair

• Reply YUMMommy July 23, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Yes, please get and share the recipe for that dish. Our weekend was pretty relaxed. It rained Friday and Saturday. Sunday we went to church and grocery shopping. We also worked on Moo’s reading. She has to learn how to read and spell one word a week! And this was her idea! I’m so proud of my baby.
    YUMMommy recently posted..For The Sins Of A Few

• Reply Lynn July 23, 2012 at 3:32 pm

IKR!!!! Summer is officially over!!!! *tears*

GREAT PICS!!!!

My weekend consisted of hanging out with hubby but it’s NEVER EVER long enough! I need a do over! HA!

Xoxo
    Lynn

• Reply Prototype Mama July 23, 2012 at 3:54 pm

looks like you had a great time– rooftop parties are always a blast! SN: loving the wedge (via Instagram) I tried to snag a pair when they first arrived but no bueno– glad someone was able to rock them :)
    Prototype Mama recently posted..DIY Beauty {Brown sugar & honey facial scrub}

• Reply Missez B July 23, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Looks like your friend has a nice place with a good view. I can’t wait to hear about your house.
    Missez B recently posted..Challenge # 23

• Reply Krissy July 23, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I love get togethers too. They are my fave. And i love when i can have adult and kid time all combined. Love the pics and please don’t hate on us shorties! we don’t need your stinking assistance! lol

• Reply The Chic SAHM July 23, 2012 at 8:21 pm

That Sangria looked delish! It looks like you all had a great time. Her loft has an amazing view! Can’t wait to see the recipe for her neighbors dish, it looks really good.
    The Chic SAHM recently posted..Embrace Change

• Reply Quala July 23, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Please get that recipe! You had me at potatoes! Lol! I love them!
    Quala recently posted..Bloggers Like Me

• Reply Mama Violet July 23, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I had a really great weekend. I went to my hs reunion and a birthday party. I had a long weekend of fun and libations. #goodtimes

I could use a cupcake right about now.
    Mama Violet recently posted..Thriftanista Style File: Little black dresses

• Reply Optimistic Mom July 25, 2012 at 11:25 am

Great photos!!! She cleaned that cupcake out! lol

• Reply Dr. Reginia July 25, 2012 at 11:57 am

Great pics Mimi. I am so digging the little guy and his missing tooth. Way too cute. Is he ready to be a 1st grader?
    Dr. Reginia recently posted..The New Guy; A Personal Challenge

• Reply Dani @ OKDani.com July 25, 2012 at 2:21 pm

That dish looks TASTY!

And, apropos of nothing… I can’t wait to meet you!
    Oh…you didn’t know we were gunna meet?
    Well..WE ARE!
    ::flips hair and walks away::
    Dani @ OKDani.com recently posted..Blogger 411

• Reply Roses Daughter July 25, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Love the photos! Looks like a Perfect summer evening. Don’t forget about posting the recipe!!!
    Roses Daughter recently posted..Wordless Wednesday…With Words

• Reply Teems July 25, 2012 at 8:00 pm

YUM! I am with Kita on the sangria too!
    Teems recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: "LL Cool Noah"

• Reply Reggie July 26, 2012 at 9:04 pm

The chow looks delicious. I make a pretty fair sangria myself.
    Reggie recently posted..What in the hell did you do to your titties?!?

• Reply Ashley October 7, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I’m new to your blog and it is soo cute! That potato and cabbage dish looks amazing. I want to try and make it lol. Now following you :)

With Love,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

• Reply angielski Szczecin July 29, 2013 at 3:32 am

Thanx for a very interesting website. What else could I get that kind of info written in such a perfect method? I have a mission that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such info.