mommy

4 Years Gone

July 27, 2012

On this day 4 years ago I got THE call.

The one no one wants.

The house phone first and when we didn’t answer, the cell phone followed. I knew without answering..Mommy was gone.

One day I’ll tell the whole story, just not today.

While my mother left me here 4 years ago, she only left me physically but I am so thankful for the memories.

Today I choose to smile through my tears. I was looking through some photos and thought I would share. My mama was one bad Mamajama!!

Say a prayer for me today..and the next few days. To add insult to injury her birthday is next Saturday the 4th. Hallelujah for BlogHer for diversion but I am still a little broken.

Love y’all!!!!

Purveyor of the *side eye* early

That's her in the middle

Owwwww!!!! My mama and daddy!!

Grandpa and Mommy

She's in the black dress. THAT HAIR!!

2005 pregnant with my son

So proud she was able to see me have my first child

• Reply Teems July 27, 2012 at 10:37 am

Aww Rest In Peace to your mom. I saw you in so many of her pictures. This inspired me to share some pictures of my mom who also passed a way soon.
    :-) Stay strong and have fun at BlogHer!
    Teems recently posted..Blogger 411

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 10:03 am

*hugs* It sucks being a member of this club. Pictures are always a great reminder of brighter days and awesome memories.

• Reply brandi July 27, 2012 at 10:42 am

So sorry for the loss of your mom. I love her smile. She was such a beautiful woman. I lost my mom too. It will be 15years this Sept. As much as I miss her everyday, I am thankful for the gifts she gave me. Take care, friend. I’ll be praying for you (us).
    brandi recently posted..Ricotta Pancakes

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 10:23 am

Thank you! It is so hard. It gets a bit easier with time but the hole is always there. The bright side is the gifts and memories. They still live through us.

• Reply Tia July 27, 2012 at 10:55 am

That first pic could literally be you and your daughter! Praying that God gives you strength during this difficult time. May His peace and her memory sustain you…
    Tia recently posted..Brit Girl Does: Pampered & Martini’s

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 10:49 am

Thank you Tia. I appreciate it.

• Reply Nellie July 27, 2012 at 10:57 am

Rest in peace to your beautiful mommy. I love the pic of you and her. I know this is a tough time, but you are incredibly strong. Know that she is with you always.
    Nellie recently posted..Food Fail: Burger King, Please Take a Seat!

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 11:20 am

Thanks! I should’ve told you in person when I saw you. Great meeting you IRL

• Reply This Cookn Mom July 27, 2012 at 11:05 am

Sorry for your loss. I’m glad you are able to reminisce and smile about your mom. Stay strong. Your mom, you, and your daughter all favor each other.
    This Cookn Mom recently posted..The Power of the Good Good

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 1:58 pm

We do! I was looking at the one of me when I was younger and thought the baby does look a bit like me and a whole lot like her father. Thank you!

• Reply Kita July 27, 2012 at 11:06 am

*hugs* It’s hard so very hard. I am glad she saw your first born mines did too before she passed and it gives me some comfort. Think of the good times this weekend.

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Yes, because while we think we have it bad some people never had their mothers see their first child. We have to count our blessings wherever we can.

• Reply Amber July 27, 2012 at 11:19 am

Your mother was beautiful, Mims! Her hair, her outfits, her smile = everything! Thank you for sharing with us. I’m praying for you today, my friend. And always.
    Amber recently posted..An Easy Way to Eat Less for those Like Me Who Hate Measuring Food

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I love you friend! Thank you

• Reply GG July 27, 2012 at 11:26 am

She’s beautiful MiMi! These photos tell so many stories. Thank you for sharing. Sending hugs and prayers your way. xo
    GG recently posted..Why You Should Do Everything In Your Power to NOT Fit In

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Thanks GG. Loving all of your new posts!

• Reply Dee Dee July 27, 2012 at 11:39 am

I’ll definitely say a prayer, and you look just like her. What a wonderful post to share her memory.
    Dee Dee recently posted..You Call That a Coronarita?!

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Yes!! The older I get the more I start to look like her. That is a great thing! She was an awesome lady. Thank you!

• Reply Jasmine Hardaway July 27, 2012 at 11:53 am

You look a lot like you mom in her younger days! But that picture of her in black with her girlfriends is too FAB! I’ll pray for peace for your broken heart.

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:02 pm

They look they were some problem starters back in the day! I got it honest..I think! Thank you for stopping by.

• Reply Rhonda L. July 27, 2012 at 12:14 pm

My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you, Mimi. She was absolutely beautiful! I see where you get all that hair from!
    Rhonda L. recently posted..Notable Quotables

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I have nothing on her! Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them.

• Reply Krissy July 27, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Prays up. Love you sis. I love all the pics! Made me smile
    Krissy recently posted..The one where we meet K Rock and the girls

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Love you too sister!

• Reply Kiea July 27, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Definitely saying a prayer for you today!

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Thank you!

• Reply Rosesdaughter July 27, 2012 at 2:26 pm

((HUGS))
    You look like your mama! I see where you get your style from!

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:05 pm

She started it! Its genetic.

• Reply Karen July 27, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Thank you for sharing a little bit of your mom with us today. I can tell that she was loved by you and that you were loved by her. Keep thinking of the wonderful memories that you shared with her as you celebrate her life today and next weekend. Your BLMGirl, Karen.

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Thanks Karen!!

• Reply ghanaianemprezz July 27, 2012 at 3:28 pm

May the lord continue to give you the strength to face life and may He grant you all that you ever pray for.

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Thank you so much for the kind words. I appreciate them.

• Reply Amanda July 27, 2012 at 3:56 pm

These pictures are beautiful! Your mother’s beautiful! I hope you feel better through this tough time. Just always remember she’s still with you.
    Amanda recently posted..Hmph……………………!!!

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Thank you so much for the kind words Amanda. I appreciate them!

• Reply Crystal July 27, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Your sharing this is beautiful. :)
    Crystal recently posted..Evolution of Self #1

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Sometime sharing is a form of healing. Just want everyone to see what a beautiful person she was. Even through pictures you can often see how good someone was. Thanks for the kinds words.

• Reply India July 27, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Prayers up for you doll!! Its never an easy thing but your strength comes from the Lord!!

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:13 pm

AMEN!! I think we forget we don’t have to be strong that God has it! Thank you for stopping by. I truly appreciate it.

• Reply Prototype Mama July 28, 2012 at 12:34 am

Virtual hugs from my way– your mom is gorg.! You look so much like her-thanks for sharing a little piece of your memories
    Prototype Mama recently posted..Pinned IT. Made IT { Chore Cards }

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Hey!! Thank you. I am starting to look more and more like her. She was an awesome lady!

• Reply Marie Young July 28, 2012 at 9:37 am

Your mama was was FIERCE! I will def say a prayer for you and I hope your have blessed day :)
    Marie Young recently posted..Glo Event Recap: Diva State of Mind Shopping Soirée

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Wasn’t she. It seemed they were so free back then. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and wish me well. I’m thankful!

• Reply Quiana July 28, 2012 at 12:46 pm

What a beautiful tribute to your mother. I’ll be sure to give you extra hugs on Saturday.
    Quiana recently posted..Our First Visit to Toms River (And a Scary NYC Sky)

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Thanks! It was so great to meet you.

• Reply YUMMommy July 28, 2012 at 1:09 pm

We will most certainly be lifting you and your family up in prayer today. Your mama was one stylish lady!!
    YUMMommy recently posted..Thankful Thursday

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I got it from my Mama!! Thank you!

• Reply Carla July 28, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Gosh! The two of you look so much alike. Two beautiful women.

I’ll be sure to pray for you, Mimi. It’s never easy to lose someone that you care so much about.. someone that brings joy and happiness to your life. I’m sure she was an amazing woman. God bless you Mimi and I pray that you get stronger and stronger each year.
    Carla recently posted..The Mommy Graduate.

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Thanks Carla! ….and no the gift isn’t Sangria!!!

• Reply Morocco July 29, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Sending you a cyber hug….
    Morocco recently posted..First Check!

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I felt it. Thank you!

• Reply G K July 30, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Okay, we definitely know where you got your fashion-fowardness (and that hair).

Your post just reminds me to enjoy this time with my mom while I have her. I pray for your continued healing. I can’t imagine.
    G K recently posted..Summer Reading Wrap-Up

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Yes, enjoy your mama and give her a kiss for me!

• Reply MommaExpat July 31, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I haven’t lost a parent but I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you. If words could make the pain go away, I’d wish you a thousand.

• Reply Mimi August 1, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Oh thank you so much!! I appreciate it.

• Reply Latorsha August 1, 2012 at 11:22 am

Sorry that I am just commenting but definitely was thinking about you when I read this via email.
    I pray you find comfort in your memories and knowing she is always in your heart. xoxo
    Latorsha recently posted..God said NO

• Reply Mimi August 8, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Awww thank you! XOXO back at ya!

• Reply Rhonda at Looms, Lids, and Layers August 5, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Pictures make a world of difference. Its so good that you know that she is still with you and just physically gone. You favor her so much!! I will keep you lifted in prayer! So great to have met you this weekend and I will see you soon! Take Care!