Besties, Fashion, I.Wore, Mompreneur, My Girls, Weekend

Week(end) Wrap Up

February 27, 2012

Hey!

Sorry I’ve been so incognito lately. Last week’s launch had me doing damage control all week. Just little tweaks here and there that I didn’t realize until the site went live. Need an example? Like I forgot to add the inventory amounts to the back end and almost had a major problem when a particular size sold out.  Took nearly 5 orders before I realized it wasn’t charging shipping. Yeah. So. You live and learn…and do damage control.

How was your weekend. I laid somewhat low but I did get out during Tuesday of last week for the Sadiddy Magazine release party. Of course I hung out with my Bloggy BFF Trina, my real life BFF Niya and a few other ATL fashion bloggers. The event was held at House of Adrene, an awesome boutique in downtown Atlanta. We got swag, more about that later in the week. Here are a few pics from the event.

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

Buttons for everyone

IMG_1218.jpg

Loving that coral jumpsuit

IMG_1208.jpg

Niya and I

IMG_1204.jpg

(l.to r.) Kristen, Yours Truly, AdrienneEboni, Tasha, Breck, Mattie and Trina

Friday, I kicked it at the crib with the family. One of my best friends is on a consulting gig in NYC and won’t be here next weekend for my birthday so she fell through with sangria and cupcakes..Heeeeyyyyyyyy!!!

IMG_1277.jpg

Singing Happy Birthday while I hit my two step.

IMG_1267.jpg

Saturday, I laid low and went thrifting while the children stayed home with the Mr. Sunday, I went to the grocery store. So get this, I always forget my list, not this week. I had a death grip on my list but somehow left the house without my glasses and I didn’t have my contacts in. MISERY. Ugh!!

I’m linking up with Bon Bon Rose Girls for Monday Mingle and Shana’s Thrifters Anonymous

Tuesday I wore:

IMG_1207.jpg

Shirt: Piazza Siempione via Goodwill Belt: Goodwill Clutch: Goodwill
Skirt: Goodwill Tights: Dots Shoes: Steve Madden via Ross Bracelets: Macys

Satuday I wore:

IMG_1354.jpg

Sweater: Liz Claiborne via Goodwill Vest: Goodwill Pants: Old Navy (old) Boots: Sole Society

How was your weekend?

• Reply Christina February 27, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Love, love, LOVE that pink skirt! Your outfits are always so cute!
    Christina recently posted..Sharing My Writing

• Reply Amber February 27, 2012 at 1:17 pm

My weekend was a good one. I had a total day of relaxation yesterday and I loved it! You look fab in both of your outfits!
    Amber recently posted..The Facebook Yearbook: Which Face Belongs to You?

• Reply Quiana February 27, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Your Tuesday outfit is adorable! Pink’s my fave color =)
    Quiana recently posted..Love Birds’ Apartment Tour #2

• Reply Aracely February 27, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Love both outfits! I love the orange jumpsuit.
    Aracely recently posted..Turning 40

• Reply Rose's Daughter February 27, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I love that vest!!
    Rose’s Daughter recently posted..Weekend Wrap Up: Family and New Orleans

• Reply Cam | Bibs & Baubles February 27, 2012 at 3:04 pm

You look great Mimi! I cleaned all weekend because I’m lame. LOL!
    Cam | Bibs & Baubles recently posted..Monday Mingle : Bump Style

• Reply kita February 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Love the outfits glad you had a great weekend and happy early birthday before I forget.

• Reply Jenni February 27, 2012 at 3:35 pm

LOVE the skirt!! Hubby and I took a Latin dance class this weekend! We had a blast!

• Reply Mimi February 27, 2012 at 11:20 pm

I wish my Mr. would take a dance class. I love to dance!

• Reply Jeanine Byers Hoag @ Seasonal Color Analysis February 27, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Congratulations on your launch and your fab outfits!! Saw you over at Monday Mingle.
    Jeanine Byers Hoag @ Seasonal Color Analysis recently posted..A New Favorite!

• Reply Mimi March 2, 2012 at 3:30 am

Thank you so much!

• Reply Prototype Mama February 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm

my weekend was full of headaches, fevers Yahtzee and Ciroc ( kind of good kind of bad weekend)
    I am so feeling that skirt–good job with pairing it with all black :)

SN: thanks for offering to help with the site transfer, If I continue to pull my hair out and become bald I might have to take you up on that offer.
    Prototype Mama recently posted..I’m busting out of this joint!

• Reply Megan, The Frugalista Diaries February 27, 2012 at 8:46 pm

love love love love love these looks, gorgeous girl!
    Megan, The Frugalista Diaries recently posted..Layering Leather

• Reply Dr. Reginia February 27, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Ooo your outfit from the launch party was FIYAH. I remember the skirt from a thrift haul right? Love how you put it all together. So glam.

Congratulations again on your new business. Wishing you many successes.
    Dr. Reginia recently posted..Chris Brown vs. Rhianna; Forgiveness or Foolish

• Reply Nellie February 27, 2012 at 11:57 pm

love the tan outfit, cupcakes looked yum, how sweet!!
    Nellie recently posted..Bye Bye Baby Weight: My love affair with Strength Training

• Reply Alicia @MommyDelicious February 28, 2012 at 2:15 am

You look so cute, girl. So, umm… I’m gonna need those booties in my closet. Like, yesterday. They are so sexy and cute.

Side note: I’m loving Trina’s pants!

#WERK ladies!
    Alicia @MommyDelicious recently posted..Improve Your Sex Life In Six Easy Steps

• Reply Looms, Lids, and Layers February 28, 2012 at 9:50 am

Congrats again on the launch! Can’t wait to receive my Fearless tee! Anyhow, I cannot believe that skirt is from thrift store. It looks like a new skirt for this spring! Glad you had a fab weekend!
    Looms, Lids, and Layers recently posted..Behind the scenes

• Reply Mimi February 28, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Thanks! I know, when I saw this skirt I scooped it up. It is so cute in real life.

• Reply AAG February 28, 2012 at 10:33 am

Thank you for coming out! I wanted your whole outfit!!!

• Reply Mimi February 28, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Had a fab time. Congrats on the magazine!

• Reply KalleyC February 28, 2012 at 1:20 pm

My weekend was pretty busy, but well worth it. Love the outfits that you have! I really love the skirt too!
    KalleyC recently posted..Soothing the Monthly Beast

• Reply trininista February 28, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Love the Saturday look. I am so jealous that I cannot realistically wear boots here!
    trininista recently posted..White People in the Caribbean?? The Shock!

• Reply Mimi February 28, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Shoooooot. I wish I was in a climate where I didn’t have to wear boots. I hate the cold!

• Reply Kristin February 29, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Sangria AND cupcakes? What a most excellent combo!
    Kristin recently posted..BonBon Deal of the Day: Stack Happy

• Reply Mrs. Pancakes February 29, 2012 at 9:52 pm

the skirt is gorgeous and i LOVE the pink shoes the model was wearing!
    Mrs. Pancakes recently posted..Secret Newlywed Behaviors: Solo Time

• Reply YUMMommy March 1, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Love the skirt and the vest from outfit ! Love the new changes you’ve made to the blog too! My weekend was noneventful thanks to this jacked up weather we’ve been having.
    YUMMommy recently posted..7 Years Rocking

• Reply Mrs. Delightful March 2, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Love your attire! I had a nice low key weekend.

Mrs. Delightful

• Reply Cindy March 16, 2012 at 5:53 am

You have so much class!
    Cindy recently posted..Ways to fight depression