Fashion, I.Wore, Weekend

Weekend Wrap Up

February 13, 2012

Hey!

Was busy last week trying to put the finishing touches on Divinitee before its launch sometime this week. Did you miss me? Don’t answer that!

First let me say I am so saddened by the death of Whitney Houston that right now that is all I will say. She evokes so many memories of my childhood particularly my mother that I need to keep the words to a minimum. I fall into these periodic days of grief and right now I can’t. Sooo….

How was your weekend?

Nothing spectacular over here. Laid low, my son had his final basketball game and banquet. We grocery shopped, I went thrifting and bough $15 worth of nail polish from Walgreens who happens to have Sinful colors on sale for $.99. Thank me later for the heads up.

Last Thursday Trina over at Baby Shopaholic took me as her +1 to the Romare Bearden Black History month event at Macy’s and we followed up with dinner at Nancy’s Pizzeria in Buckhead. Let me say the food at Nancy’s was delicious. If you are in the Atlanta area, I highly suggest you swing by there. You won’t regret it.

Here are a few photos taken at the event.

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg Trina(Baby Shopaholic), Me, Kia (Cinco Mom and Atlanta Diaper Relief)

Of course I’m linking up with Glamamom for Monday Mingle and Color Blind for Thrifters Anonymous. I wore

IMG_1062.jpg Vest: Talbots via Goodwill Black Shirt: Piazza Sempione via Goodwill Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft via Goodwill
Shoes: Sole Society Bracelets: Dots Necklace: Goodwill Purse: Wilson’s Outlet

• Reply Megan, The Frugalista Diaries February 13, 2012 at 10:06 am

love your look!
    Megan, The Frugalista Diaries recently posted..Shorted

• Reply Aracely February 13, 2012 at 10:10 am

Yes, I’m so sad about Whitney as well!

One day I’ll thrift and find great items like you! You look great!
    Aracely recently posted..DVF for Gap Kids

• Reply MrsTDJ February 13, 2012 at 11:16 am

Looking hot lady!! You seriously find some banging items at the Goodwill!
    MrsTDJ recently posted..I Have Nothing

• Reply Rose's Daughter February 13, 2012 at 11:51 am

Girl I LOVE Nancy’s! Love that outfit! Especially the shoes!
    Rose’s Daughter recently posted..Sickies, Grammy’s, Whitney, and Other Stuff….

• Reply Baby Shopaholic February 13, 2012 at 12:17 pm

You can be my +1 anytime! Can’t wait for the launch!!! Partay!
    Baby Shopaholic recently posted..Weekend Style: Pink and Red

• Reply kita February 13, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Never heard of them I will check them out. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for the business and as usual you all look lovely. RIP Whitney she will be missed.
    kita recently posted..RIP Whitney Houston

• Reply Tia February 13, 2012 at 2:55 pm

All 3 of you look amazing! Love your thrifted outfit and I MUST join Sole Society!!!
    Tia recently posted..All About Love at Free People

• Reply KalleyC February 13, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Absolutely love the look! As for Ms. Houston, I will miss her. It’s hard now listening to her songs without crying.
    KalleyC recently posted..“Cracked Up”

• Reply Legally Chocolat February 13, 2012 at 8:22 pm

love the red and grey!
    Legally Chocolat recently posted..love.

• Reply Glamamom February 13, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I’m sad too, for the exact same reason :(

I want to hang out with you and Trina! You gals are always going somewhere fun! Love the red…you’re all set for VDay!
    Glamamom recently posted..MODE MONDAY: FALL FASHION WEEK {SO FAR}

• Reply Chellany February 13, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Feeling a little overwhelmed by the death of Whitney is an understatement! It almost feels like I have lost a family member… Loving the red and gray and I need the deets on those shoes, STAT!!!!
    Chellany recently posted..Remembering Whitney Houston, YOU will FOREVER BE MISSED!

• Reply Rhonda February 13, 2012 at 11:19 pm

You had an effortless look! Very cute! Super excited about your launch this week! I am hoping to launch makeup line in March! I want some Nancy’s!
    Rhonda recently posted..Motivational Mondays

• Reply BossyGirl February 14, 2012 at 7:57 pm

You look really cute! And darn it we never got that picture together!!!

• Reply Kerri February 14, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I love the color of your vest and shoes. Happy Valentine’s Day!
    Kerri recently posted..Happy Valentine’s Day!

• Reply Mimi February 15, 2012 at 10:27 am

Thanks! I was in the spirit of Valentine’s day!

• Reply Candace (NYStateofMom) February 18, 2012 at 3:37 pm

You look so pretty in these pics! LOVE those shoes
    Candace (NYStateofMom) recently posted..Bruno the BlackBerry

• Reply Shana February 19, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Oh my…first of all…you are adorable…and I am loving this look!!! The red black and grey are so sexy….you know I love me some Goodwill…haha thank you so much for becoming a Thrifters Anonymous member..I can not WAIT to see more of your finds!!!!

Shana
    ColorBlind
    THRIFTERS WANTED LINK UP HERE

• Reply YUMMommy February 19, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I so need to raid your shoe closet. Love the whole outfit. The red just makes it pop.
    YUMMommy recently posted..JGOOD Has The Goods

• Reply Kristin February 21, 2012 at 11:05 am

You ladies looked beautiful! Love those shoes!
    Kristin recently posted..Eye Candy Tuesday