Fashion, mommy

An Heirloom in the Making?

December 14, 2011

My mother has been gone a little over 3 years and I am just finding the strength to go through her things. As I was going through some of her old clothing I came across this.

IMG_9776

IMG_9779

IMG_9780

It is in impeccable shape and I thought it would be nice to wear it this winter. I’m a little on the fence as to whether I should wear it or just put it away. If wearing it becomes my final decision I do think it’s a little big but I thought maybe I could have it altered to fit a little better and maybe make it shorter to hit around mid thigh.

Wear it or put it away? If I wear it, is it fine as is or should I have the alterations done?

• Reply Chellany December 14, 2011 at 9:46 am

I love it!!! I have a few pieces from my grandmother, that I love! when I wear them, I feel so much closer to her! My vote is to wear it!

• Reply Cam - Bibs & Baubles December 14, 2011 at 11:32 am

I say wear it as is!!! Now we know where you got your great taste from!
    Cam – Bibs & Baubles recently posted..Yeah, I Said it

• Reply Prototype Mama December 14, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I’m defiantly saying wear it but get it altered a little– just in the length. This is a stand out piece!
    Prototype Mama recently posted..My $3 camera bag

• Reply Krissy December 14, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I’d wear is as it! It looks so nice on you and I don’t even like things like that typically.

• Reply Crystal Roberts December 14, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Oh yes!!!Wear it and then pass it on to Addison!! She is already a fashionista so she will be ready to wear grandmoms fab pieces in middle school!!!
    Crystal Roberts recently posted..Cultural Curosities: New Love for Korean Dramas

• Reply Fashion Pad December 15, 2011 at 7:24 am

Definitely wear it!!! You have long legs so the length would definitely work for you. However, if you still feel it needs “something”, just cut off about 10 inches or so and bring it to mid thigh ;-)
    Fashion Pad recently posted..Outfit: Paper Bag Harem Pants???

• Reply Sha Boogie December 15, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I’m a fan of wearing it. It’s in awesome shape and it’d be a shame to put it away, you can honor your mom’s memory by looking fabulous in it!

• Reply brandi December 18, 2011 at 9:04 am

Wow, your mom had such great taste. I think you such wear it without altering it. It looks great on you as is!

Thanks for your comment on my kitchen! The back-splash was that way when we moved in. We also have the same tiles in our bathroom and it looks as though the were placed in one by one. Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

• Reply Melisa - Mommy This and That December 18, 2011 at 10:46 am

My vote it is to wear it as it is, I think it looks great!
    Melisa – Mommy This and That recently posted..Blog Lovin’

• Reply sherika December 18, 2011 at 11:50 am

So sorry about your mother! Definitely wear it!