Date Night, decorating, Pinterest, Weekend

In the New Year {Home Edition}

December 19, 2011

No Weekend Wrap Up this week. Nothing spectacular. The Mr. and I went out on a double duty date night on Friday. A good friend of mine was celebrating her birthday so we joined her and her husband and some friends for drinks and a night out on the town. Had my camera, took no photos. Sorry.

Saturday went grocery shopping and slept. Sunday drove to pick up my stepdaughter and slept and watched Real Housewives of Atlanta. While I was going about my business this weekend my mind was constantly thinking about the changes that I would like to see once the new year starts.

I am not one to jump on the whole New Years Resolution bandwagon but I have a few changes planned to commence once the apple drops.

Although approved, for financial reasons we have decided to stay in our current home for at least another year. With that epiphany I have decided our home is due for a makeover. I am currently in the throes of selecting a wall color for our master bedroom. The contenders are..

Source: hgtv.com via Shannon on Pinterest

Source: awelldressedhome.com via Jennifer Lawler on Pinterest

I would also like to display photos in our home. I love shelving so I would like to use them as medium through which to display photos of our family and friends. Looooove these ideas.

Seing that I have a ton of things going on. I am only focusing on a few things at a time. These will be the first two things that we tackle. I would like to see the room painted before the new year. We’ll see.

Do you have any home improvement plans scheduled for the new year? I may or may not have been reading way too many home design and crafting blogs…Give me some of your favorites. By February this house will be on point!

How was your weekend?

• Reply Roses daughter December 19, 2011 at 2:43 am

I love the vie on the first wall! I too have decided that my house is due for a makeover. So Im starting with our den. Got new furniture and now CDub is eager to paint. One room at a time!And I’ve finally started Selecting photos to put up on the walls. My walls have been bare too long!
    Roses daughter recently posted..SOC Sunday: It Screams Walmart

• Reply Fashion Pad December 19, 2011 at 8:11 am

That first image is awesome! Earth tone colors work well for a masculine and feminine space!
    Fashion Pad recently posted..Weekend Recap: Party Time

• Reply Aracely December 19, 2011 at 10:14 am

I love the chocolate brown! I’d love to get a closet makeover, way overdue!!
    Aracely recently posted..The tree is up

• Reply Baby Shopaholic December 19, 2011 at 10:33 am

I just don’t have it in me to decorate! I love gray walls!
    Baby Shopaholic recently posted..Sole Society Holiday Party

• Reply kita December 19, 2011 at 11:38 am

I love all of them. We will be doing kids room next year and save ours for last. Attended a Christmas party and rested all weekend was about all we did around here
    kita recently posted..Monday Madness

• Reply Sha Boogie December 19, 2011 at 1:22 pm

My vote is for the chocolate wall! I was thinking of that same color for my living room.
    Sha Boogie recently posted..I can’t wait!

• Reply The Pro Diva December 19, 2011 at 11:38 pm

I think it’s a great idea for you to spruce up your current home! I actually plan to do the same thing in the coming months. I just need a change of scenery. I really like the chocolate color in the first picture! And definitely do the photos thing! It adds character to your home!
    The Pro Diva recently posted..Reward Yourself!!!

• Reply Jenni December 20, 2011 at 9:16 am

I love all of the rooms, but I’m partial to the chocolate because our bedroom walls are chocolate and blue. My goal for our home this year is organization and to display more of our pictures. No major undertakings.
    My weekend was pretty uneventful and I liked it that way!

• Reply KalleyC December 20, 2011 at 10:52 am

I love the pictures on the first wall behind the bed. I always loved that kind of style. I have no decorating plans for the new year, other than learn how to decorate (well).
    KalleyC recently posted..Unplanned Unplugged Day

• Reply Nerd Girl December 20, 2011 at 11:10 am

Love that first room. I’m currently in the process of cleaning up and out. I’d like to repaint our bedroom, paint the study, and hang some shelves – that’s about it. I think :)
    Nerd Girl recently posted..Make it Rain!

• Reply Mrs. Pancakes December 20, 2011 at 4:39 pm

all these are great choices…you have impeccable test!

• Reply Krissy December 20, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I really like ALL of those ideas. Next year my plan is to move into a larger space for me and my girl. She needs her own room now and I need mine! lol

• Reply Amanda December 21, 2011 at 9:44 am

I love the colors.. just gave me some new inspiration on my room for next year summer :-)
    Amanda recently posted..What’s in your purse?

• Reply Dr. Reginia December 21, 2011 at 2:49 pm

My master bedroom is choice one. I love the color. It’s very rich and relaxing. It really gives it a grown abode feeling. I like the look and organization of picture two. Can’t wait to see your updates.
    Dr. Reginia recently posted..My TV and Me